6 replies to this topic

#1 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

Well this year I went out and bought one from primos called the long can and at first I was a little skeptical but I did manage to call in a doe. Then on this past Thursday I used it again and it wasn't 15min after the call I looked down the ridge and I saw 1 doe and 2 bucks, (One of witch was an 8 point that I harvested).

Now I can't tell for sure if it was the call that brought them in or they were just feeding my way but
I'm sure glad I had the call and I will definately use it more in the future.

Has anyone else used one and had success?????
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#2 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

I have used the Primos can for a couple of years now, and yes it has worked for me a few times. Last year I called in a spike buck 5 different times with the can. He was walking down the ridge and I used it and he stoped and walked over to where I was. I was in a blind setup at the time. He looked around and then started to walk off. I let him get about 40 yards or so and then I used it again, he came walking back again this time closer to the blind. So he started to walk off, and I let him get a little further and I used the can and back he came I just could not believe he was doing this, I was having so much fun with this deer, that I wish I had a cam corder with me. This year I used the can to call in the buck that I harvested, I had just seen a buck that was chasing doe's and when they went out of site I use the can call and the buck that I killed walk down the ridge looking for what made the noise. I have also had doe's come into it as well and also have had deer run from it.

Md

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

Both Jason and I use the can call and we seldom go hunting without it. I've called in both bucks and does and have no doubt at all that it definitely works. The way we often use it is to call 3 times or so followed by a series of short grunts with a grunt call. That imitates a buck chasing a hot doe.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

did anyone of you use the new "tall can" yet? Im wondering if its worth adding to my collection.

#5 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:01 PM

Thanks guys for the replies. :thumbsup:

And Scott I don't think you can go wrong with any of those calls.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#6 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

I have been using it since they came out. I too use the long call but have most of them. Haven't harvested the one that is on the can yet but have stopped or called in a many a deer.

Steve

#7 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

what cadences do you use when you guys hit the can? and how often? I do 2 or 3 turns of the can at random times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users