7 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

Jer I finally got back online and am having a problem getting into chat due to a plugin missing for java but when I click on the "click here to add the plugin" it says it wasnt installed can you help me with this???
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

You need to install the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) in addition to the plugin. It's available in the Synaptic Package Manager if you enable the restricted repository. Here's a blurb about it in the Fiesty Wiki...

How to install Java J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) with Plug-in for Mozilla Firefox

• Read #General Notes
  • Read #How to add extra repositories
  • (Note: The sun-java6 and sunjava6-plugin modules are also automatically installed as part of the ubuntu-restricted-extras meta-package. You can install ubuntu-restricted-extras instead, using the Synaptic Package Manager (or by using apt-get install from the command line terminal). This will install not only Sun Java but also Adobe Flashplayer, msttcorefonts (Microsoft fonts), and some multimedia codecs as well.)
  • Install using command line:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts

Do that and you'll be chatting in no time. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:21 AM

Jer when I follow the directions for installing the java it asks for a password and the startup password that I set is NOT it do you have any clue as to how to get this password?

Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:35 AM

It should indeed be the same password. If not, I would search here and here for "root password". I know that the wiki has info on setting and changing it. The second link is simply the place to be when such issues arise. :D

sig_admin.png

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:13 PM

ok I have the java going so I can get into chat now but still cant get the sound to work so 1 problem down and 1 to go any suggestions Jer I have a sound blaster card in it I have checked the settings and nada at first I thought it was because everything was muted and was right but its not muted anymore and still nothing

Posted Image

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

You're gonna wanna check the same wiki and forums for info concerning your card.

sig_admin.png

#7 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

ok Ill look through them again tomorrow when I have more time

Posted Image

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

A quick search of the words "sound blaster" at the Ubuntu forums revealed bunches of topics concerning "audio not working". Needless to say there were several different ones depending on the exact model and even the speaker configuration used. I'm thinking you'll get it up and running.

If not, Ubuntu 7.10 was released within the last month or so. (It's code name is "Gutsy Gibbon" and it's the successor to "Feisty Fawn", which is what you are running now.) I haven't tried it out yet, but it's supposed to have a lot of new drivers and better hardware support. (Naturally... simply by default being newer and all.)

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users