8 replies to this topic

#1 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:07 PM

Hey Jer and all members, How about setting up a talent area where members can display their talents, carving, photography, taxidermy, woodwork related to guns or knives, etc. Give us some imput please. We were discussing this in chat tonight and thought we would bring this idea to you.
What do ya'll think eh! :idea:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. I know there are many talented people amoung our ranks. I think it would generate more interest in our site too and show that hunters aren't just mindless slobs like some like to portray us as. Good idea Woody. :D

#3 QueenNorth

QueenNorth

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

Thanks Norm for your input, that is what Woody and I thought also! I agree there are lots of talented people on this board.
Posted Image
Queen of the Great White North and Woody
Rolling Castle Blog

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

I need more information on exactly what you have in mind.

People are already free to share just about whatever they want in the General.
We also now have an Articles section where members are already sharing their talents.
(Leo has submitted one about preserving your hunts through photography and Melody has submitted a great read with some recipes. Both are definitely sharing a talent!)

Is it just a "specific" forum rather than having it be in the General that you're looking for or are you looking more for a gallery or something. :huh:
More info, please. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

I think a gallery would be cool, with room to descibe what you did and how you did it.
-Eric

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

I think a gallery would be cool, with room to descibe what you did and how you did it.

If that is the case then (after much review... believe me) we are simply not in a position to do so at this time.

On a side note, our current hosting contract expires this coming spring. In my opinion, the host has raised their prices beyond a reasonable amount when compared to the service (disk space / bandwidth) offered. As a result, we will likely be moving to a new host with much more liberal storage/bandwidth allowances. Unfortunately, this will likely also mean we will be moving away from Invision Power Board software (as the license is provided with this hosting package). We will need to see exactly what software we end up with before making a move on a gallery. Any such gallery would likely be geared toward showing wildlife/hunting/outdoor-related pictures, naturally. :)

sig_admin.png

#7 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for your input Jer and the valuable information. We will wait for the new hosting plan then. We were thinking of the gallery idea, a separate forum set up. Will keep this idea in mind when the time comes and get back at you. Thanks again! :)
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

At the time we relaunched the site, Invision Power Board was necessary because it was the only software that our old forum database (which stores all of the posts, topics, polls and member accounts) could be converted to. So, we really had no choices. Now with access to a full IPB database, however, we have bunches of options. There are a lot of hosts these days that offer forum and gallery software free just for going with them. If I do my job well, we could end up sitting really pretty. We'll see. :)

sig_admin.png

#9 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:11 PM

Jer, if anyone can figure out what's good for this board, we know you can! Our hat's off to you,
:hi: :hi: :bigthumb: A big thank you!
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users