• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

Altho I no longer have any interest in bowhunting, if a guy was gonna buy a used Mathews non-Switchback

what would be the best model??? MQ2, FX,LX, UltraLight, or...???
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:49 PM

If I could locate a "mint" LX at a sweet price I'd be all over it. The Q2 is a fine bow as well.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

charlie
One of the reason I've not upgraded as of yet from my LX is because of the specs.

When I bought my Lx the outback was the new model. following that you had the Switch back then the SBXT
now the DX.

granted the limb design of the outback and newer, makes a smooth shooting bow even smoother.

but for weight ( bow weight ) and speed ( FPS ) the new bows are 1/2 lb lighter ( alot in bow terms ) and only would give me 2 ft per sec more speed. some of the new bows are actually slower.

Now I have to admitt the DX line is tempting and we'll see how jobs go....but for now...my LX will take down just as many tree's as any new one out there.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

Now I have to admitt the DX line is tempting and we'll see how jobs go....but for now...my LX will take down just as many tree's as any new one out there.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:14 AM

A non-Switchback. Does that include the Outback?

If I were to get an older Mathews, 2003 or older, I would probably look at getting a Legacy. I would also take a look at the LX because of the speed and the V-Lock Limbs.

Depending on the price of a nice, used Mathews, you could probably get a new Mission Journey for not a whole lot more. ;)

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

I have seen on eBay several used drenalin. It's not a switchback but I feel a wee bit better. It's lighter, faster and feels just fine drawing it back and fairly quiet upon release.

The LX is my second choice only because I own a switchback and have owned a legacy. I would think the LX is the real forerunner of the bows Mathews is putting out today and trying to surpass.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

Thanks guys for the input. I always get good bow tech answers here.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#8 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

...cant decide whether to buy a Mathews or have someone put hardwood floors down at home. I'll shop for the LX on y'alls recommendations, maybe I can hold off on the floor till Woody gets here, if he ever does. Wife mentioned I needed to get her Martin Prowler all set up so I guess I need to work on that too as she's working out three times a week to get her arms built up. If she'd quit harpin about the darn wood floor I'd probablhy buy 2 LX's :) .
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users