4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

LETTER FROM A FARM KID, (NOW AT San Diego MARINE CORPS RECRUIT TRAINING.) Dear Ma and Pa, I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and BrotherElmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tellthem to join up quick before all of the places are filled. I was restlessat first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m. But I amgetting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do beforebreakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feedto pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing.Men got to shave but it is not so bad, there's warm water. Breakfast isstrong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kindof weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and otherregular food, but tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two cityboys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you til noon whenyou get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much. We goon "route marches," which the platoon Sergeant says are long walks toharden us. If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different. A"route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the cityguys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks. The country is nice butawful flat. The Sergeant is like a school teacher. He nags a lot. TheCaptain is like the school board. Majors and Colonels just ride around andfrown. They don't bother you none. This next will kill Walt and Elmer withlaughing. I keep getting medals for shooting, I don't know why. Thebulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain'tshooting at you like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is liethere all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges.They come in boxes. Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combattraining. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be realcareful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that olebull at home. I'm about the best they got in this place except for thatTug Jordan from over in Silver Lake. I only beat him once. He joined upthe same time as me, but I'm only 5'6" and 130 pounds and he's 6'8" andnear 300 pounds dry. Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and joinbefore other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in. Your loving daughter, Lisa

Edited by Spirithawk, 01 January 2008 - 08:34 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :roflmao:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#4 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

Love it and the last line nails it down as just plain funny.

#5 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

:lol:
-Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users