• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

Went ice fishing in my home town of New Richmond Wi. on Sunday Jan 6th. Weather was overcast with temps in the mid 30's, a really nice January day. Fishing was really slow, the lake is part of the Willow River, formed by an old dam in the city of New Richmond. Max depth is maybe 12 ft, and there is a lot of submerged weeds. My son Dan and his girl friend Shannon were also there, along with a couple of Dans friends/co-workers. Here is a pic of Dan with the only fish we caught. Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

Congrats - Nice Pike Dan eerrr Jeff. Thanks for sharing Jeff on the ice fishing. The ice crystals froze the slim on that pike so Dan could hold on to it - :lol: I bet it's good eating from very cold water. We barely had ice on our waters here and now it's pretty much all gone.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:22 PM

Ice fishing amazes me. Honestly, it isn't anything I would think up to try on my own. Obviously someone did, figured out it worked and word got out. Still sitting over a hole in the ice has got to take a lot of faith and patience. I'm often impressed with some of the stuff ice fisherman pull in.

Nice pike!
Posted Image

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

Nice Fish!
-Eric