• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

....And the Ol' Sarge is stepping up to the plate !
Tomorrow evening the Casters team heads North to the snowbelt for the 3rd annual Flintlock hunt at the farm to see if Paridgerunner can connect on the season's last day. Eric & I are tagged out so we'll will act as thornapple beagles to push deer out of heavy cover for the rest. Paul/ Gary/Rodney/Charles hopefully will get a chance to send some smoke signals up. I'm planning on taking the video cam & digital cam to record as much as possible since the weather predicition is for a SLIGHT CHANCE of snow showers :lol: .....yeah right!!! (they forget who they're dealing with :nahnah: )

....anyways, it should be a fun filled day with great friends & family.....bet Aunt Chubby even does some cooking ! ;)
Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

I am all prepped for leading the charge through the young cow pasture as I have had recent experience in this mooving matter. Once we get to the crick, creek to the rest of you, I am willing to give lessons on the last bowl of the year, the mud bowl. I too had recent experience there too. Up to my knees wearing calf length boots. Aaah the joys of hunting with your good friends.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

Good luck guys!
-Eric

#4 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

Have fun and good luck to you all!
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

Bring on home guys - lets see ya hit the home run! Best of luck to PA brothern.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

Hunting is supposed to be hard work, you guys make it too much fun! God bless your hunt and may He make it a fruitful time in whatever way He see's fit.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:46 AM

Praying that the weather does not start throwing curve balls either.

#8 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:43 PM

With Phil and Charles heading out with you, the odds of good weather is about 5%. But anyway have a great time and harvest that big one. Want to hear the stories when you all get back and don't forget the pictues. All smiles please!

pa

#9 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Cool. Sounds like a good time. Good luck on the hunt.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#10 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

Those smoke signals from those smokepoles should signify backstraps. WE WANT PICS! :boone:

#11 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

With Phil and Charles heading out with you, the odds of good weather is about 5%.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#12 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

....well...Ol' Sarge stepped up too the plate for the first swing....PUFF...Whoosh...steeerike 1

...Gary was up next....pitcher shakes off the sign....high curve outside....PUFF...Whish....Steeerike 2

...Iron Man Rodney steps in for the last strike...K-A-A---SPLASH (sounds of 2 doe jumping into badly flooded creek to escape hounds....Phil & Eric)....seconds later....Puff...Arrgghhh...Home Team out....deer seen exiting stadium waving white victory penants.

Team Mom consoled losing team with heaping plates of chicken/salad/sweet rolls/cookies/choclate milk/coffee.....and an invite back for a spring gobbler hunt (of which several longbeards were spotted throughout the day !

BTW...the weather was DRY & priceless video of "aftershot "explanations & facial expressions are availible....what a hoot!.....our team flintlock hunt record at the farm remains perfect ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Phil, 13 January 2008 - 08:46 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:06 PM

If I hadn't been there I would not have believed it myself; 3 good shooters and no meat on the pole. Bruce, you would have been proud. There wasn't a safe tree branch in the woods. Now I have to admit, I saw a good Deer. It was a 2 1/2 yo buck at 30 yards. Yet, I couldn't see enough of his head to count points so I couldn't shoot (4 on one side minimum). Point being, most everyone got a chance or saw Deer. It wasn't for the lack of trying that we didn't connect. Man, was that a great time. Special thanks to Phil and his family for hosting (what a Blessing). We'll get em next year for sure.

Hey Larry, you gotta come out for one of these hunts (we'll have a Flinter out here for ya to use). You'll put those Ho Ho's down and be begging for some of Aunt Chubby's cookies for your trip home.

Edited by Charles, 13 January 2008 - 12:08 PM.

5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#14 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

Well it wasen't like there were no chances. Everyone that had a rifle either shot or had the opportunity. My shot was a good opportunity at a small deer but no luck on the hit. I shot for two reasons 1 to get a deer and 2 to keep them in the drive. At least I kept them in as they ran to the next watcher and he hit the same place I did.

Can't say enough for our two dogs that did the chasing for us all day. Phil and Eric did fine. Although at 3:00 they both cried uncle. Phil's tongue was hanging down to his boots and he may have even stepped on it. His boots were covered in mud and cow manure. Maybe that is why he didn't sound like himself.

#15 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

Man, it sounds like you guys just have too much fun - as always. Ya know Charles, we are planning a trip to Florida for Christmas 2008 with Melody's family. Maybe we could make a really looooooooooong detour on the way home and join in one of your social events. Er... I mean.... muzzleloader hunts. It seems that there are two things a person just shouldn't miss - an Elkatraz and a CASTERS hunt camp. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users