2 replies to this topic

#1 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:58 AM

This saturday is youth turkey day for the state of Maine. I have BIG plans on being out early with 2 very anxious boys one with bow and the other with 20ga. shotgun. Then going over to Nerw Hampshere for sunday because it is youth weekend over there.

Anyone else going out on youth day with that special child in your life ??

Best of Luck to one and all !!!!!!!!!

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

Tell Dakota & Tyler I'll be rooting for em to score on a big one!
Posted Image

#3 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

4:00 am alarm goes off... 2 young boys eager and ready to go dad all dressedin camo.

4:20 am park Explorer and head to get set up

4:30 am decoys out ground blind up and us inside listening to gobblers in the distance

4:45 turkeys in field about 100 yards out dad doing some lite calling mostly puts and purrs few yelps to get the gobbles

4:50 turkeys 60 yards and closing then all of a SUDDEN a REDFOX

:o :o comes running into the field screaching a loud bone chilling screach scattereing the birds in many directions. all but the decoys so the fox would bound one way then screach then the other trying to get the decoys to move. I started barking at the fox trying to get it to leave but to no avail. I decided to get out of the blind and walk at the fox while barking. Tyler is like yeah that should work a "Barking walking tree" Finally the fox left. But hat was the end of the turkeys being anywhere around that field for that day.

Tyler has had nothing but bad luck when it comes to Turkey Hunting 3 years and every year something goes wrong and he doesn't get a shot off.
en
10:00 am Explorer burried in 3 feet of Mud :doh: :doh: OOPS end of turkey hunting for the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users