• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Yesterday I shot and cleaned up my flintlock. After I tightened up the lock mechanism the other day I noticed the frizzen was not flipping all the way open. I discovered it was rubbing on the stock and the flashhole liner. I fixed it yesterday and it opens real nice now. If I can make time today from my busy retirement schedule I will take a few pics to show what was going on and how I fixed it.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 14 January 2008 - 10:20 AM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

My Lyman Trade Rifle when it gets real dirty will actually fowl out bad enough that you have to take Q-tips and clean the Frizzen spring and hinge. But I never had it hit the stock. The other Hawkins fits so loose that powder floats behind the lock and I have to bees wax that up all the time.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

I am going to work on Erics Lyman and take pics of what I doo to correct this without having to resort to filling the slot with something. I also have to work on his pan where the cover touches it and will try to take pics of the progress.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

I am going to work on Erics Lyman and take pics of what I doo to correct this without having to resort to filling the slot with something. I also have to work on his pan where the cover touches it and will try to take pics of the progress.

That sounds like a heck of an idea. Till we get it fixed it may take lots of pics though. :o
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users