#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

Here are a couple of pics of what I did to fix my Lock

Posted Image

The above pic shows where I ground the offending area just a little to get it to pass freely past the stock

Posted Image

Above is the area of the hammer that I ground down a little and also ground the stock as the hammer was rubbing pretty hard here.

Posted Image

Above is the area of the pan cover that was rubbing on the vent liner. I did not want to do anything to this part of the lock sooo

Posted Image

I ground down the face of the vent liner instead. As you can see this was a posed shot and not me actually doing the grinding but you get the idea.

I still need to take the stock down even more where the hammer is still rubbing. I want to take enough but not too much off.

When I work on Erics Lyman I'll get into how to make the lock fit tight to the barrel and to mate the pan and pan cover so there is no crack there.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

That looks like a lot of work. I think I would have sent it back to the company and told them to fix it. My luck I would have messed up the whole works... :unsure:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

Cayugad After shooting a flintlock for many many years and noone that knew much about working on flintlocks at least that I could afford. I just sat down and figured that I could do the work myself. I have done a couple of other peoples locks but only a couple. All it takes is a lot of patience and a rather light touch and for my old eyes a lot of light. Working on a lock fit to the barrel can be time consuming as you take just a mite off and must then remount it in the rifle to check your progress.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users