#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:13 AM

Bow roundup
This 2008 bow comparison pretty much includes the majority of the new bows out this year with a very short description.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

If I was looking for a new bow this year. Which I am not.

I would really give Elite Archery's GTO a very serious consideration.

ATA = 33.125"
Brace Height = 7"
Weight = 3lbs 15oz
IBO speed = 340-350fps at 80% let off :heat: (that speed at 80% let off with a 7" brace is VERY IMPRESSIVE)

The bow is lightweight and about as short as I want one.

Check it out here.

Elite Archery GTO
Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

Would you really feel comfortable purchasing a bow from a company that is supposedly on such shaky ground?
(Reports of dealers not getting bows etc. Hard to get warranty parts when a company is out of business etc. :hmm: :unsure: )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Would you really feel comfortable purchasing a bow from a company that is supposedly on such shaky ground?
(Reports of dealers not getting bows etc. Hard to get warranty parts when a company is out of business etc. :hmm: :unsure: )

If Elite was gonna tank they'd have done it last year ;)

With the non-competition lawsuits behind them, I expect Elite to be ratcheting up the rankings very shortly.

Of course I may be totally wrong about the life expectancy of the company but I do think the bow is serious. And yeah, if they tanked and I could get one cheap. I still jump on it.
Posted Image

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:27 AM

If Elite was gonna tank they'd have done it last year ;)

With the non-competition lawsuits behind them, I expect Elite to be ratcheting up the rankings very shortly.

Of course I may be totally wrong about the life expectancy of the company but I do think the bow is serious. And yeah, if they tanked and I could get one cheap. I still jump on it.

Leo the lawsuit you mentioned is this the spin off company or the owner designer/engineer from Bowtech? If so I thought these bows looked great and very impressive on paper but sort of look like the new line up from Bowtech.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

The head engineer/designer of Elite is Kevin Strother. Who was an original founder and the former head engineer/designer for Bowtech. Elite Archery is owned by his wife the former Kate Robinson/former Martin Girl. She is the daughter of one of Martin's big wigs.

Essentially the gist of the non-competition suite is Kevin is being accused of stealing his own ideas.

Bowtech is going through classical "brain pain". When a company doesn't know what else to do... they sue.

This almost always backfires in a big way. The increased free publicity of the startup company and sympathy for the defendents can actually boost the new company not kill it.

Honestly, if Bowtech had just sat on their hands, Elite probably would have struggled enough in the first year to die it's own death. Quietly, and practically no one would notice. Filing a lawsuit automatically makes folks think that Elite must be a serious threat or why would Bowtech (one of the top three archery producers) spend the money to try and shut them down. This put Kevin and Kate's company and their case in the limelight. People were naturally curious about the products that we viewed as such a threat (I know I was ;) ). If I was on Bowtech's board of directors I'd be slapping the CEO around in a big way right now. Suing Elite was a stupid stupid thing to do. This is a David versus Goliath battle and in the public eye guess who everyone is rooting for?
Posted Image

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

Personally, I don't have a dog in the fight. But, I do know that the redesign BowTech is running of the Binary Cam System (essentially moving one cable hook up to the opposite side of the cams) has really balanced the system and significantly improved the cam lean / limb twist issue. Elite is still running the "old" style and with the sue canoe still being wet ( :rolleyes: :lol: ) I'm not sure Strother dares "fix" his system in a similar manner any time soon. Barnsdale limbs (Elite) will take a bit more punishment, but I still think having a better balanced system is the way to go. IMO, Elite "still aint there yet". But, I guess time will tell in, "As the Archery World Turns". :D

sig_admin.png

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:09 AM

Personally, I don't have a dog in the fight. But, I do know that the redesign BowTech is running of the Binary Cam System (essentially moving one cable hook up to the opposite side of the cams) has really balanced the system and significantly improved the cam lean / limb twist issue. Elite is still running the "old" style and with the sue canoe still being wet ( :rolleyes: :lol: ) I'm not sure Strother dares "fix" his system in a similar manner any time soon. Barnsdale limbs (Elite) will take a bit more punishment, but I still think having a better balanced system is the way to go. IMO, Elite "still aint there yet". But, I guess time will tell in, "As the Archery World Turns". :D

Isn't Elite going back to court for copyright infringement with Darton over their cams?

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

That's what I hear...

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users