• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

I have reloaded pretty much since 1971 in a variety of rifle and pistol calibres. Prob I have now is my hands are so bad that I can no longer do the manual operations required to produce good reloads. One box of shells = 3 days of pain. And the price of ammo is such that I can buy a case or two of most calibres I need and it'll keep me shooting well into the next year given the time I have away from the railroad to shoot. So I am trying to decide whether to sell/giveaway all my reload outfit OR upgrade to some new stuff to make it more user friendly(which really isnt going to help my hands a whole lot). The other thing is I would much rather spend my time scouting and hunting and benchrest shooting than sitting at the reload bench. I hate dilemmas.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:16 AM

pack it up and send it my way :D if i was you i would probably sell it no reason not to make some money

#3 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:44 AM

Ric you're not far off on what I had in back of my head. I actually thought I might give it away IF the receiver would (over time) load up all the emptys I have as payment. Mostly 30-06 220 Silvertip stuff. But I havent decided.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#4 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:52 AM

keep me in mind sounds like a fair deal

#5 ryalred

ryalred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

I hate to hear your having such problems with your hands. I'm assuming it is arthritis? I have arthritis in both of my thumbs and some days it gives me fits, but I'm still able to reload. I love loading for my 30-06, but also load for several other rifles. I can feel the dilemma you're in. Hope you can resolve it. I wish you well.
Addicted to reloading

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

I too have some arthritis problems but can still pull the handle. I endure the pain of doing most things that require joint movement. If you do not move the pain just gets worse when you do. I am not planning any time soon to quit reloading or shooting or hunting although I do grit my teeth at times.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

Here might be a real help to you folks sufferring from arthritis(myself included) pain.
Recent studies have proven that consuming 2 tablespoons of honey & 1 tsp of cinnamon twice a day can virtually eliminate arthritis pain within 2 weeks. Best part is its completely natural.....funny how the Lord already had a chemical free remedy for us. I have been using the honey & cinnamon on cereal for several days and its making an amazing difference in my hip pain. Give it a try ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Phil, 25 January 2009 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

Now that sounds like something I can try thanks Phil.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 ryalred

ryalred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hey, I love honey and cinnamon, so I'm going to give it a try.
Addicted to reloading

#10 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

Charlie if Ricfirefighter changes his mine I would be happy to do your reloading. I have tumbler and turret press. I have dies for 270, 223, 22-250, 41mag. I am just learning but I do all my reloading durning the off season. that goes for anyone else that needs my skills. It keeps me from going stur crazy.

Edited by FrankSr, 07 February 2009 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users