• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:08 AM

Has anyone used RCBS's Trim Pro Three Way Cutter and if you have were you satisfied with the results of its performance. For those you who have not seen it the cutting head trims the case to length and chamfering both inside and out in one operation.
Any input would be great because I'm quite interested in this product.
Trimming the conventional way is a three step process of trimming the case to length and chamfering inside and out.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

Rbt I use an old L. E. Wilson case trimmer. I too have to use the 3 step process. I just saw an ad for the trim pro but have not seen one up close and personal so reserve judgement on it. Looks interesting though. Well after I posted this I went to the RCBS site and priced their trim pro case trimmers. Wow they want over $95 for the manual model and over $350 for the motorized one and soak you about $56 each for the cutter head for each caliber. At those prices I think I will just stick to my three part process.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 25 January 2008 - 09:53 AM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

Paul go to Middway and read some of the reviews. From what I gather you only need one cutting head and only need to change the pilot. Just the head its self is not cheap.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

I edited my previous post. I have not yet gone to Midway but am a bit confused as to how one can trim and camfer inside and outside of a 22 thru 45 cal with one head. RCBS lists a whole bunch of cutter heads on their site and are what seems to me to be caliber specific.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

OK I just went to Midway and looked they sell the basic unit but it comes without the cutter head for about $75. Then it seems you have to buy the cutter head kit which comes with a variety of shell holders and pilots but that will cost another $50. You can get an attachment to use your drill for another $8. Still seems to be a bit expensive to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users