7 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

On the long side but demos the whisker bisket does not effect accuracy when fletching hit the rest. video test

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 01 February 2008 - 01:40 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

Good shootin. Playing around Ive hit the kill zone on bear target at my clubs range at 60 yards. Im not daring enough to try past that. gets expensive sighting in in the field.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

Good shootin. Playing around Ive hit the kill zone on bear target at my clubs range at 60 yards. Im not daring enough to try past that. gets expensive sighting in in the field.

Good shootin Whitetiger. I'm not even sure how to gauge my sights to shoot this far out. This summer I shot at 5o yards a couple times no problem but I don't have a 100 yard pins :blush:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Good shootin Whitetiger. I'm not even sure how to gauge my sights to shoot this far out. This summer I shot at 5o yards a couple times no problem but I don't have a 100 yard pins :blush:

I figured out that If I aim for his head on the standing bear target, at that distance, at that time while shooting xx75's, the drop would put the arrow in his chest. They use the plastic straw hay bales with the burlap targets pinned to them. Its a neat course. you walk thru the woods on a marked trail. Problem is that the deer like to watch you practice on the course. Its next to a preserve so theres no hunting on this side of the mountain. I see doe and fawns all the time on the course. Thats how they keep track of when hunting season is close. They have spies among us!

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

50 yard

Posted Image

50 yard group

Posted Image

70 yard groups

Posted Image

70 yard groups

its fun shooting out at long range.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:05 AM

Long shots are a blast :bigthumb: That's one thing I'll have to do this summer is find a range to do it in.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 03 February 2008 - 11:05 AM.

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

come on over mark.... its set up in my yard.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image

50 yard

Posted Image

50 yard group

Posted Image

70 yard groups

Posted Image

70 yard groups

its fun shooting out at long range.

Wow. If I ever get a Mathews thats where I want to be. Great shooting :bigthumb: Bruce.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users