Dress It Up With A Custom Sling

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:36 AM

We all do little things that dress stuff up...Brandon puts camo fuzzy dice from the mirror of his truck, Larry wears a chocolate colored shirt with a white bandana ( to match his hoho's ) Mel has her white coat and white tall chefs hat...altho the food taste just as good if she's cooking in jeans and a tee shirt. ...so once in a while we find something that we put on our hunting gear, not because it makes us shoot any better but just because we like it. I've put custom colored strings on my bow, to match the custom grip ( wine wood grip ) with red / black custom strings. Does't help at all when it comes to hunting or shooting, just looks nice when you take the bow out. Well there is a new addition Both to our HR family and now to my Bow.

We have a member Matt aka 808XT. Matt is from Hawaii, and he manufactures custom bow slings. About a week ago, I met Matt on another site and sent him an invite to come check us out here. I also ordered a new bow sling from him for my bow. Now I'm going to do a full write up later on his attention to detail, awesome customer service and such...But I didn't want to wait to get something posted.

so...here is Link to Matts website.
http://www.808bowsli...om/BowHome.aspx

and here are a couple of photos of the sling he made for me.
Now mind you, he did up 2 diffrent slings and sent me photos and allowed me to pick out the one I wanted ( all at no extra charge )
the cost...
for the flat braid 2 color sling, 8.00 this included S&H tax everything.

Thanks Matt
it looks great on the bow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

so if you looking for something to add to your bow, Ya gotta check out these bow slings.

top quality , great customer service, fast ship

and I bet we can even get him to make a pink one for Huck :)

My prior edit has been corrected, the bugs have been worked out of the website...so check it and and don't forget to place an order.

Edited by McBruce, 15 February 2008 - 10:08 PM.

McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

Looks great and it sounds like ya sure can't beat the price! As for my chocolate shirt and white silk bandana, I just think that it's perfectly normal to dress in a way that honors one of Americas great snack foods. :)- I'm still perfecting the outfit though. The trouble is trying to imitate the creamy rolled up center of the wonderful Ho-Ho. Here lately I've been gluing cotton in a spiral pattern on the back of the shirt and it looks pretty good but a lot of the cotton sticks to my truck seat every time I get in and out so I'm still working on the design.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Great pictures Bruce you got me ready to order some from 808XT. :)- Imperial red with some forest green mix and a dark gray leather stabilizer piece would look cool too. Ah don't get me started :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

Wow, those look awesome! Nice work Matt!
-Eric

#5 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

Thanks guys!

By the way...I do have Pink and Neon Pink....also, a Chocolate Brown :P

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

Looks good, thinking about one or two myself.

turbo

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image
This is one of Matt's bow slings to match the custom strings and cables, imperial red and his
emerald green. I put it on my switchback. If you noticed I took the factory Mathews grip off
and waiting for the new Torque Less one to come in.
Great product Matt - thanks for all the help getting this in so quick!
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image
I put this imperial red and black on my Drenalin - it kinda matches the custom gray and red strings and cables. Again great
product Matt!

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

Posted Image
NEON ORANGE and Black on the my 2008 Mathews DXT. Compared to the neon orange blazer vanes it's more subtle but again a very nice sling Matt.

#10 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

looks sweet Mark :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#11 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

Looks great for sure Mark!
-Eric

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:49 AM

Thanks :blush: These are a higher quality sling for sure than what you get off the shelf at the Big Stores. The materials are better and the leather stabilizer piece has a metal ring to it. The metal ring against the rizer and stabilizer should help lock in my stabilizer. Plus it should transmit the vibration better to the stabilizer from the metal on metal contact off the riser. I like these. :clap:

Matt saw these and emailed me saying he thought he could do a better job on matching to my setup. He's a great guy and he wants to be sure you're pleased with my order. He's very willing to work with you to get the colors right for you. The colors I chose were somewhat along the line for hunting and somewhat close to the colors I have already on the bow. Deer can't see these reds and oranges very well but I can. And that will help me in low light grabbing the bow. Now bowhunting turkeys are a whole nother world cause they can see a whole lot better. :curse: I don't care what I'd have on my bows they can pick it out.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 22 February 2008 - 08:07 AM.

#13 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

did you know that with these new slings you can run faster jump higher and it protects you from shooting your eye out when you have a daisy red rider bb gun :)
oh and it also make you shoot better :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#14 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:15 PM

did you know that with these new slings you can run faster jump higher and it protects you from shooting your eye out when you have a daisy red rider bb gun :)
oh and it also make you shoot better :)

Only if you let the sling do it's job (provide you with the knowledge that it will help you from dropping your bow) and you shoot with a relaxed grip thereby reducing torque. If you still shoot with a white knuckle grip, the sling's not going to help any :no:

Daisy Red Rider BB gun.....haven't heard of that one in a long time....Bruce, you're showing your age :)

As for the rest of the claims......I disavow all knowledge of the above mentioned improvements in physical abilities :whistle:

#15 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

Great looking Bow Sling at just as great a price.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users