• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

hello, my 2006 fred bear element will not draw back enough to activate relief. i am getting ready to go tuesday to get a tune up, because my string was nipped in texas last year,a few strands had pulled loose, could this stretch my string enough to cause this?

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

Do not even DRAW a bow with broken strands in the string or cables!!! Don't use it period until this is fixed.

If either one breaks you are typically out more than just a string or cable. You are risking limbs, cams and anything attached to the bow (including yourself).
Posted Image

#3 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

[quote name='Leo' post='1312833' date='Feb 15 2008, 02:06 PM']Do not even DRAW a bow with broken strands in the string or cables!!! Don't use it period until this is fixed.

If either one breaks you are typically out more than just a string or cable. You are risking limbs, cams and anything attached to the bow (including yourself).]

thanks leo, yeah i put it back in the case and closed it up! i am going to the proshop tuesday!

Edited by 7pointbuck, 17 February 2008 - 10:17 AM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

That particular bow has an adjustable cam. (There is both a module and a movable brass post.) I would suspect one of those to be lose/moving if it's a case where the bow binds on the draw or won't roll over.

In any event, and especially in light of the broken string, definitely take Leo's advice and don't even think about drawing (much less shooting) the bow before having it serviced.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

I'd throw in buying both cables and string combo and buy the best you can afford with custom built set. The new material doesn't stretch much and you can get it ready pretty fast for your up coming trip.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users