3 replies to this topic

#1 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

Well first off all I can say is :hmm: Now before this weekend my computer used to be on cable modem. My wife and I decided to upgrade and went with the dish network and now we are on DSL for the puter. Man the tv has a lot better picture and everything I look at on the puter is just smoking. I can't believe just how fast DSL is over cable, and it only takes half the time to see the things I used to be able to. I now can watch things on youtube and don't have to wait till the whole thing loads to watch. And the switch is saving us 50 bucks a month to boot. :bigthumb:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

Man, that is crazy. Here, you couldn't pay me to take back DSL. Verizon DSL was 3 Meg download and the Comcast I have now is 12 Meg. No comparison! :eek:

Oh well... Glad you're likin' what you have. :thumbsup:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

yeah, same here. Qwest DSL, at least here in Butte, was 256k,wow..Then, my daughter got it uptown and she got 5mbps, pretty fast.
About a year ago I got bresnan Cable Internet and it was supposed to be 8mbps, but all I and my son and a friend could get was 3-4 mbps. I called Bresnan tech support and they said that's all Butte can get..well, my friend found a very small dos program that once installed, gave us speeds over 8mbps. Seems Microsoft has a program that limits bandwidth...
Go to speedtest.net and see what your real speed is. you will probably have to shut of firewall and or virus to run it. Some programs won't let it run.
After some of you get your speeds, let me know and i can send you the site that shows you step by step how to open up the speed..
Leep:
Posted Image

#4 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:01 AM

Here the main provider of cable is Insight and they claim 10mgps and can upgrade to 20mgps.
MR300WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users