13 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

Well, this past x-mas the wife purchased me a deer hauler from cabelas, THE two 16 inch hard rubber tires will last a life time... and the frame is heavy duty as well ,and i'm tellin ya it has come in handy so far i've hauled firewood around the yard with it to test out .So if you can't afford a quad , then this hauler is the next best thing well balanced and you can haul alot of items not just for hunting . It sells for around $120.00

Edited by Dennis, 03 April 2005 - 04:38 PM.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#2 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

They are handy indeed Dennis. My brother made him one from looking at the pictures in Cabela's and it works great. He even built his to be able to use the tailgate of his truck to leverage it in when he has a deer on it.
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

I have a tree lounge tree stand. It is one of the very heavy early models. They have a set of wheels one can buy but being a bit scottish I figured I could make a set far cheaper than the 70 plus dollars they wanted. I have a 2 wheel garden cart and took the wheels and axle from it and found a couple pieces of pipe and flat steel had Eric weld them together and bolted them on my tree lounge and it makes an excellent deer carrier. Now I just switch the wheels from one to the other.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

Guys i will say this after dragging the buck i shot this past yr almost a 1/4 mile . It paid me to get this cart , i honestly could have had a stroke up on the hill i was hunting . Thank god for my nephew and son.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:25 AM

Plan on getting one myself. We have a 4 wheeler but some areas we hunt they aren't allowed. A cart would sure beat dragging any day.

#6 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

I've been using a cart I bought at Bass Pro a few yrs back..paid for itself undoubtly! I hunt certain public lands by boat here in Tx, go up river AWAY from the crowds. I load the cart(folded up) in the boat. If I arrow one-I take a walk to get the cart. Not to mention, the cart makes hauling 50# bags of corn alot easier ! Also use it to haul my gear(stands&feeders) into or out of the woods.

#7 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

I picked up the Mag Hauler from Cabelas which is probably the same one you have Dennis. First trip out we put it to the test as we had 3 does and a buck which we figured was about 520 lbs. It worked great and I'm glad I bought it...

Posted Image

Edited by Ironranger, 14 April 2007 - 02:18 PM.

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:06 AM

Posted Image

and if you win the bet, your buddy gets to haul you out of the woods as well :)
right Jack :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one but with 5 years of eating tags I couldnt justify it. This season I got a doe so now Im thinking the jinx has lifted and may consider it. Do you think you can haul a black bear on one of these??

#10 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one but with 5 years of eating tags I couldnt justify it. This season I got a doe so now Im thinking the jinx has lifted and may consider it. Do you think you can haul a black bear on one of these??

personally I dont see why not if you get the right one Ive seen a couple that only have a 200 pound limit you would have to make sure that you get one that will handle the heavier weights
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#11 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

Who needs a deer hauler, when you have fatty?

Best Arnold voice: Dennis, perhaps you should get into the gym, ya, so your flabby little arms will be able to carry out da little wussy deer Hmm

Just kiddin' my brother :)

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#12 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

You crazzzzeee! Mr. Fatty maan..Lol

#13 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

I once told my dad we should get one, to which he replied: "We don't need one; you work excellent as one." :doh:

I guess it was luck that the doe I shot last year was only 30 yards from the road so the truck could just drive to it.

It's a good thing I've been :barbell: :barbell: this summer for baseball if this fall I happen to get one non- accesable by vehicle.

Edited by run'ngun, 12 July 2007 - 12:29 AM.

-Eric

#14 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

Jason once had to drag a deer around 2 miles. Luckily it was mostly down hill. Felt bad that I shot it. It was shortly after my bypass. One of those carts would have sure been nice right then. :yes:

Edited by Spirithawk, 12 July 2007 - 05:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users