12 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

This is why I head to Lake Cumberland every spring for the past six years to fish for monster stripers. Posted Image

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 05 March 2008 - 08:42 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

By far the biggest PS striper I have ever seen. You have talent. :D
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#3 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

:blink: :cry: I wanna come fishing with you! That is an excellent fish for sure! :)- I know that it is going to taste real good too. Way to go Rowdy!

#4 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

Um, there is no fish shadow on the ground and the light source is from the top not front, Rowdy. There would be no light between the arms of the subjects in the shadow and the reflection of the light would be on the front of the fish if this were REAL. Just goes to show you what you can do with software these days. ;)
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

if you look at the shadow on the ground its going back and if you look at teh legs of the people there is a shadow there also matching what should be there with the shadows on the ground going to the rear of the paople standing there but then again look at the hands where they join the fish
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:55 PM

Okay already - gee I would guess anybody would say that's a doctored pixs :lol: :lol:

These spring trips to fish for stripers are a blast getaways to fish with my buddies too, Dan, Dan, Dan and Dan.

Posted Image

This is one of the wrist breaking wall hangers we go after and boy do they fight.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 05 March 2008 - 02:58 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

You can not stop a striper on his first run! It's a guaranteed broken line or a hook pull out if you try. I have seen this so many times that I have lost all politeness after a warning.

Linesides can seriously tear up some tackle. Pound for pound the hardest fighting fish in freshwater (including musky).
Posted Image

#8 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

last year we spent 5 days down there on Cumberland and cought a few fish but NO stripers we had the lights out night fishing got the "meatballs" going and nothing we must have been in the wrong area or something but then again it was really really low (cant remember if I posted any pictures) but we were camping on the bottom of the lake in areas where there were ledges and about 20 feet from where the water line was supposed to be
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#9 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:04 AM

Rowdy,
This is an original salt water migratory striped bass. This bass came off the flats of the Merrimack River in Newburyport, MA on an August night around 1 AM with a live eel. This is the biggest striper we put on the boat last summer. I have a few more cow striper pictures from last summer. I'll post them up tonight.
54" 52 lbs
Posted Image
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: You gotta love another fellow striper hunter, never had one that big in the boat yet. We broke one off that might have been close to thirty to forty pounds but that's a fisherman's guess o:) :lol: We have had some large 25ish one or two in the boat and they were absolutely a total fight but we'er looking for the real pole breaker. Always hear stories how you should have been here last week. :ermm:

#11 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

You can not stop a striper on his first run! It's a guaranteed broken line or a hook pull out if you try. I have seen this so many times that I have lost all politeness after a warning.

Linesides can seriously tear up some tackle. Pound for pound the hardest fighting fish in freshwater (including musky).

Last year I caught my first striper (wiper) while catfishing with chicken livers. after my niece had to jump in to save my pole for me and gave it back, I thought I had a monster channel cat on during the first 5 minutes. It was better then my two 38" channel cats (my personal bests). Now Im hooked. When I go catfishing again Im going to rig one rod specifically for stripers. The lake Im fishing has a big white perch population. At night they come in shallow chasing baitfish. Theyre then followed by the cats and stripers.

#12 Anrik

Anrik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

:notalk: Really your article is informative. Every person wants to enjoy and take rest in life that is why they go to in shadow. I love to spring striper fishing. I used to it. This is one of the wrist flouting divider coat-hangers we go after and boy do they struggle.

#13 davepross54

davepross54

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

well then very interesting. back home in front of the old filling station there was a bench. it was properly named the liars bench for such occasions. nuff said

dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users