#1 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

YAHOOOOOO!!! It's finally about that time of year. This year we will all be chasing the biggest turkey last year, SpiritHawk. :)
I believe the first season starts March 15.

The rules are pretty much the same as last year but I run through them again.
1. All folks who are regulars to the website get to play.
2. This is just for the Spring hunt and only your biggest bird counts.
3. The winner will get SpiritHawks pink plunger and crown.
4. You will need 3 pictures in you successful hunt posts.
- You & your bird
- The spur measurement with the tape
- The beard measurement with the tape
Also include the weight. Use the charts below to score your turkey.
5. The winner will get a turkey gadget of some kind and take over SpiritHawks reign as biggest turkey.

I have made a small change to the rules but I like it. The change is this, if you have a young hunter still living at home with you (a.k.a. a teenager) they can play too.

One last thing, we will pin the post with the first bird in it then everyone can post there success pictures in there. I will also ask that even if you don't get the biggest bird please post your pictures with the rest.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by MuleDeer, 06 March 2008 - 10:44 PM.

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:01 AM

:yes: I'm in.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

These birds in South Carolina are two light to complete with those fatboy Missouri Gobblers.

I might have to go to another state to take the title from Spirithawk.
Posted Image

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

Im in. I found some private property thats local so even my wife cant (knock on wood) keep me out of the woods this spring season. Past two years she tried everything to keep me from hunting turkeys. We got married (on opening day 4/29/06) then had a baby (5/7/07). This year, Im going to give y'all a run for your money and tag my first bird. PA season is from 4/26-5/26

Edited by Whitetiger, 07 March 2008 - 08:07 AM.

#5 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

I'm in.
I'll be batting in the bottom of the ninth. NH and ME seasons end 05/31/08.
I am from Red Sox Nation. Don't leave the park early. :boone:
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#6 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

count me in...had 7 bearded birds in the yard last evening.....been watching around 100 birds close to home soooooooo maybe this year i can get me one....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

Okay guys. Take my title huh? :hmm: We shall see. Been scouting and found the tracks of a very large and heavy bird. Me and Jason just stared in awe. :eek: Of course nothing is a sure thing in hunting. One of you all just might take my title, but I'm gonna make you work for it. ;) Our season doesn't start till April 21rst. I'm really pumped this year. Saw three flocks across the road from my house. Paul knows where. In one flock there was at least 10 two year old Toms. Watched them at 15 yards and they sure put a smile on my face. Me and Jason are going to take one of his boy's on their first turkey hunt during youth season. Don't know which of the three of us is the most excited about that. :) Anyways, if I do lose my title, I know it couldn't be to a better person than one of you and I'm wishing each of you the best of luck. Don't forget though, there's a sleeper in the mix. Jason just might get that big Tom before I do. Hmmmm, maybe I should hide his shells. :lol:

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

Oh yea I'm in too. I will be armed with a couple of new secret weapons/calls this year and if I told you they wouldn't be secret anymore. Looks like I will have a companion in Kansas this year to help me carry out that huge gobbler that is just waiting for us to get there. Sure hope and pray that the local turkeys around here are a bit more vocal than they were last year.

Leo now don't go making excuses now. We all look up to you as the turkey guru and you have to win this year. Besides you are taller than any two of us and that is another reason to look up to/at you. :o) :o)

Good luck to Whitetiger, Coalman, Spirithawk, and the rest you are going to need it.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 07 March 2008 - 01:25 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

Yeah Paul, I'm hoping they'll be more vocal here too. Acording to the Conservation Dept. ,and the local chapter of the WTF, they should be gobbling good around March 18th. At least that's when they want me to start counting how many I hear, like I did last year. Trouble is by April 21 they have started winding down. The count is supose to determine if they need to move the season forward some. It's a 5 year study. Dang it, I can tell them the answer right now. YES THEY NEED TO! Anyways I'm hoping me or Jason gets a shot at that Tom who's tracks I was telling you about. If so just wait till you see "Old Turkey Kong!" ;) :D

#10 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Looks like I will have a companion in Kansas this year to help me carry out that huge gobbler that is just waiting for us to get there.

:doh: Your on your own on that one. :lol:
I can't wait till our seasons open, I am sooooooo ready.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#11 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

:fudd: Posted Image

I'm in... :cool:

Edited by Monk, 07 March 2008 - 07:01 PM.

"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#12 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

I'll be lurking around somewhere and if a PA boy has a chance.....my money is on Jeremiah !

* Please be SAFE out there.......this is the most dangerous season for "accidental" shootings from other hunters stalking birds(illegal tatic in PA) !

Edited by Phil, 08 March 2008 - 04:47 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

I'll be hopin' for an archery bird again this season. Hey Phil, you gonna call for me up at camp? How 'bout you Paul??
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#14 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

I never hunted spring turkeys till just a couple years ago. My son and I just love it. We haven't killed a bird yet but it would tickle me if he got the big one. :D

#15 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

count e in as well. I'll have my good luck charm with me this year. I ain't gonna tell ya who either. I have seen some nice birds this year and a few of them are so old they are gray.
Anywho good luck to all.

turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users