#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:34 PM

Does anyone own or have shot off of a Lead sled? Does it reduce recoil as much as commercials advertise? Are windage adjustments important in a rest?

Thanks
-Eric

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

Eric I have not used a recoil absorbing device such as the lead sled. Since the rifle is fixed into the sled it certainly will absorb the recoil of the rifle. Since the rifle is strapped into the sled some adjustment both up and down and sideways would be beneficial to get the sight on target.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

Personally I have used my son's and it does work like the TV spot I just didn't use the egg trick to prove it. :rolleyes:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

Thanks guys. From what I've read on other sites and reviews they seem like a good product.
-Eric

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

The only thing I have wondered about is, when a rifle is sighted in on such a product does it react any differently when shot unsupported. I don't own a rifle that is so heavy with recoil that I cannot absorb it for at least a few shots. I own rifles in 243, 270, and 7mm mag and a 12 ga 3 inch which is the hardest kicking gun I shoot. Now if I wanted to test my recoil absorbing ability I do have a 10 ga 3 1/2 incher in a double barrel but have never shot it. What I do when I shoot my muzzleloaders is I use what My Eric and I call a sissy pad. This is nothing more than a 3 inch thick foam pad about 4 inches wide and 6 or 8 inches long. Works for me for my lesser recoiling rifles when I shoot off the bench.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

The Lead Sled definately works as well as they say on TV. Even without sand bags or lead bags the recoil is reduced to nearly nothing.

There is no windage adjustment, you have to move the Lead Sled for that. However, the elevation adjustment is really nice. Once you get it set, you can lock in down and get super steady.

I wouldn't think there would be much, if any, change in the impact of the gun if shot off hand or on a typical rest. The gun isn't "locked in" on the Lead Sled, it is just sitting there. The gun seems to have a bit more "up" movement when shot, rather than the typical kick.

Definately worth the money. I've used the Lead Sled with and without sandbags for both my .50 muzzleloader and .30-06 and there isn't much of a difference whether the extra weight is on there or not. It is one of the better rests I've used, and the amazing recoil reduction is a great plus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users