27 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:16 AM

:evilgrin: In Larry's honor,

At our camp work weekend we always relax afterwards by eating,throwing axes, ATV jousting, etc...
This year will feature a new twist in the claybird busting depending on folks creatativity...Unidentified Flying HoHo's
...HoHo launching for the shooters

We're looking for ideas on how to fling HoHo's into the wild blue to see if it's possible to send crumbs, chocolate coating & creamy filling flying everywhere....courtesy of a load of #6 shot.

An award will be shipped to the board member who comes up with the best solution
(freezing a HoHo doesn't count) :notalk:

Chipmunks will clear the field after the shoot and a video will be made!

...btw, we are a"dry camp" LOL!

Edited by Phil, 11 March 2008 - 07:35 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:27 AM

Use a hand thrower that you'd use for clay birds. That'll get it up there without busting up. Or I can email you plans to build a mini trebuchete so you can get medival on them.

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That is hilarious!!!!!

I would try holding them like a skipping stone and zipping them out in front of the shooters like that. You guys have GOT to get pictures!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

I would think some sort of sling shot might work well. You might need the two handed version to get some distance (I recall seeing the type the launches water baloons that required three people to operate.....two to hold the ends and one to actually pull back the balloon (or shall we say HoHo in this case?).

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

2 four ft sections of surgical tubing. 1 large funnel... one old sweat sock.

( for the sling shot design that 808 is talking about )

left side of funnel drill 2 holes 1/2 inch in from the rim just large enough to thread the surgical tubing through...holes should be about 2 inches apart. repeat on the right side. tie a knot on each end of the tubing so it won't pull back out through the hole, thus creating a loop to hold onto.

Charles on one side Woodhick on the other. now tie a knot in the old sock and thread it through the funnel ( you now have a cotton handle to pull back on. ) I''d suggest someone young and strong like Paul.

load hoho(S) into funnel...everyone brace and Paul pulls back with all his might. and releases.

HoHo's should fly atleast 50 yards or so possibly farther. Water ballons and soaked rolls of toilet paper can clear 100 yards easily.

Since you guys do axe throwing and such.... I'm thinking a catapult would be fitting. will do some searches and see if I can come up with a design :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Something like what is used here would be perfect! In fact I'm sure it would even launch MULTIPLES effectively.

Uh Oh Launcher
Posted Image

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:17 AM

Bruce and Leo win if you ask me. :bigthumb: I was thinking the same thing as Leo - too funny. My old neighbors (just moved) have a three man water balloon launcher that will send one about the size of a softball around 100 yards at 45 angle.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

Well upon some further thought and keeping with the tradition of the camp....maybe we ought to go with modified fire power....

take a 4 ft section of 2 inch pvc pipe.
glue a cap on the lower end. ( pvc cap )

now take a 2 ft section of 3 inch pvc pipe about 2 ft long and glue caps on both ends.
tap the 3 inch pvc and install an air stem
back of the cap, tap and run a air hose line. to tap connection in rear of 2 inch pipe cap.
In the air hose line install a solenoid from a water sprinkler system

mount the two pipes together, glue..duct tape and what ever else you want. run the wires from the solenoid up and wire to a push button(trigger) and a 9 volt battery ( must use low volt solenoid )

take air tank and pressurize yourl 3 inch pipe.

cut light cardboard wads to place in the 2 inch pipe....insert hoho's
aim and press trigger.

I helped build one of these for paint ball games. At 40 yards loaded with 100 paint balls it painted a 4x8 sheet of plywood.

should send hoho's a flying...and you're doing it with compressed air.

Edited by McBruce, 11 March 2008 - 09:52 AM.

McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:01 AM

Maybe this should be a team event...............folks adopt a "shooter" from roster, then secertly workout a lauch plan to compete against the others.

Btw....anyone close enough to drive here can compete(Leep, Jeremiah, Whitetiger, Monk, Woody & Turbo, etc.)....rumor has it OL' Shifty Eyes & Woodhick" are the guns to beat in this event!....but an old Master sargent has proven extremely resourceful in camp antics!!!!
Posted Image

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

Guy's, I'm really surprised that this talk of mass destruction of perfectly good Ho Ho's didn't cause poor Larry to go into shock. :eek: :wacko: Good thing he's not there. I can just picture him running around trying to catch the crumbs in his mouth as they fall to the ground. :lol:

#11 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

The sky is falling!!! Nope, its just HoHo's!!!

I like the air cannon and the catapult ideas but the sling shot ranks up there too.

What else can you all come up with?
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

Back in the day we called those potato cannons. I think I have one still in my garage made out of white pvc. You don't want to be in front of that firing HOHO ---- it has some killer KE. You probably would have HOHO injected into your blood stream bypassing your digetive system. :mellow:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#13 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

...now boys, we have to be able to get a shot off so 20-35 yds is the preferred launch distance :lol:
Posted Image

#14 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Agree that we do not want to wait for Ho Ho reentry to get a shot nor do we wish to launch them from here to CO. We do not want Larry to be standing on his front porch waiting for a high flying Ho Ho to come by.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#15 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

A while ago I was watching a guy launch those model rockets. He said he always calls the local airport to tell them what he is doing so no unsuspecting pilot is not surprised by a rocket in front of his plane. I think we may have to call the Monument Internatonal Airport and tell them we will be launching Ho-Ho's and not to be surprised if they see a low flying Larry. Oh and you shooters if you see Larry hold your fire. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users