#16 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

I think the air cannon is great! :lol: You guys have to get pics when you do this.
-Eric

#17 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Mark:
its along the same lines of your tatter canon...however the rear chamber is not filled with lighter fluid and ignited. its all compressed air.
you can also do a manual set up with a simple ball valve instead of the sprinkler solenoid...( but what fun would that be :) ? )

simplest way to launch these hoho's would be the ole biblical sling.
two sections of rope and a leather pouch. place the hoho in the pouch, swing in a circular motion and release one end allowing the pouch to open and send the hoho sailing.

but the air canon is definitely is a much more fun way to go :) ( plus you can send out multiples if you wish )
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#18 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

LOL,
... :idea: and here I figured sticking a HoHo on the concave side of a claybird and holding it in place with a piece on bonafide duct tape so it could still fit in the trap arm....geez I feel like a dumb flatlander ! :smackhead:
Posted Image

#19 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

O.K. You guys are on the right track with regards to equipment, but you're missing a VERY VERY VERY important point!

HoHos are very dangerous, attacking the wasteline and other tire rendering locations on the 'ol bod'! Yes we want to get them UF(H)Os flying, YES, but you're all throwing them the wrong way. Don't throw them away from you. Throw them AT you! That's right! Attacking HoHos!

Give them a fighting chance! If they're winging their way in escape mode, the best they can hope for is a clean miss, only to be devoured by scavengers.......use your imagination here! At least if they're charging right at you, they've got a chance of rendering their sweet revenge.

Even if the shooter wimps out, and opts to dodge incoming chocodisks, then they can have backups in wait with open mouths right behind them. They'll look something like those pooches chasing frizbees in the dog park!

We could have a prize for the most chocobusters, and one for the most caught in la bouche (that's mouth in english)!

Yesirree Bob, them HoHo's is ferly dangerous fer shure! :hunter:

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#20 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:41 AM

Is this going to end up on CNN? or just the Outdoor Channel???

#21 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

Ha! That's it! TBow has the right idea. Total fair chase with the target getting a fighting chance at revenge. A pair of paintball goggles and the shooter is good to go.

Now, how to protect the guy in front of the shooter launching the Ho-Ho's. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Hey Bruce, can you wire your canon solenoid for remote control firing?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#22 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:13 AM

sure...thats easy...how long of a wire do you want to run from the solenoid to your trigger switch?
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#23 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

Okay Charles your task if you chose to accept it is to video this debacle event and then load it on youtube for all of us here to enjoy.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#24 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:03 AM

I can see it all now. Not a participant left standing. I for one will not be defeated by by any old confectionary projectile, stand up and fight to the last man or Ho Ho. Aah I can see it now nothing left but tired old men and a pile of false teeth writhing and snapping in the grass and empty boxes of Ho Hos all around. I personally plan to practice with a wild bear and gain much insight, well maybe not they are still in hibernation which reminds me it is nap time.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#25 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

Well, if ya all are gonna shoot Ho Ho's, I think you should load your shotguns with Twinkies for ammo.

#26 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

ahhh now we are talking....reload shot shells..loaded with those little hard candy thinks called SPRINKLES.

:)- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#27 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

You know Bruce I was thinking about the sling when I posted about what can you come up with. It's just what I was thinking of. Now Tbow may have something there. If were gonna harm those poor little HoHos, we should give them a fighting chance. Could be fun to see who could hit the broad side of a barn with a sling, lol. Now Larry, please forgive us. I know this is causing much deep pain, all this HoHo abuse and all, but we'll get through it together.

Phil, I would like to propose that we do this little venture on the last day we plan to stay in camp. Since the bears in that neck of the woods really like anything sweet, I'd like to be well on my way home when they find the ruminates of our endeavor.

Hey Rodwy, I always take a few fully charged batteries for my cameras whenever I hang out at CASTERS Camp. You never know what these PA Boyz will do. I think YouTube was invented for guys like the CASTERS Boyz. We have a ton of fun all the time and it's all legal. :)
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#28 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

Sure hope you guys behave yourself so all the sweet aromatic HoHo debris doesn't come flying through the gaps in the outhouse walls like the snowballs in bear season... cause a certain member is alergic to bees(glad it ain't me) !

BTW... a launcher is being constructed following true HR guidelines in allowable materials

PCV pipe, Duct tape, peepsite tubing :thumbsup:

Edited by Phil, 12 March 2008 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users