6 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

I'm probably over thinking this but why 3 fingers verses a four or even a two finger thumb style release? I see the option as being comfort of holding one of these release but four gives me more comfort and security of a solid hold and consistant anchor. So why a three or two? Is it an option for better accuracy or is it a comfort thing?

I noticed the Carter chocolate addiction and lite have a small hole in the end of the locking arm. Has anyone made a wrist sling or wrist strap to connect to it? I was thinking it would be a nice thing to have once up in a treestand to keep from dropping it.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

Well, the Chocolate Addiction or Chocolate Addiction Lite would most likely be clipped onto your D-loop, so there should be no need to worry about it falling anywhere. That said, it is easy to get some para-cord (or a foot or so of D-loop material) and thread it through the hole you're speaking of. Then, a small spring bead for length adjustments and a knot to keep it all from coming undone and it's complete.

Two finger tends to be popular with target shooters. (Generally we shoot light bow poundage indoors.) It helps some folks with rotation when shooting a hinged release. I've never cared for them. Four finger is what a lot of hunters go for. It gives them all four fingers to pull heavier poundage with. Personally, I've always preferred three finger models because of where I hold the release aid. (I hold them closer to the first knuckle than second.) My pinky finger barely even touches the release unless it's a significantly "swept" design (like a Carter A-tension), so I figure why bother? It also shaves a little bulk and weight off the release.
Up to you. :peace:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

Well, the Chocolate Addiction or Chocolate Addiction Lite would most likely be clipped onto your D-loop, so there should be no need to worry about it falling anywhere. That said, it is easy to get some para-cord (or a foot or so of D-loop material) and thread it through the hole you're speaking of. Then, a small spring bead for length adjustments and a knot to keep it all from coming undone and it's complete.

Two finger tends to be popular with target shooters. (Generally we shoot light bow poundage indoors.) It helps some folks with rotation when shooting a hinged release. I've never cared for them. Four finger is what a lot of hunters go for. It gives them all four fingers to pull heavier poundage with. Personally, I've always preferred three finger models because of where I hold the release aid. (I hold them closer to the first knuckle than second.) My pinky finger barely even touches the release unless it's a significantly "swept" design (like a Carter A-tension), so I figure why bother? It also shaves a little bulk and weight off the release.
Up to you. :peace:

Thank You Jeremiah.
Okay now that makes alot of sense what model is made in variety of fingers used. Since I don't target shoot and don't associate with any guys that do it makes sense.

The string strap makes some sense to me for certain styles of hunts like off the ground spot and stalk and when in a treestand for what ever reason you haven't clipped it on the D-loop preparing for the shot. Spot Hogg makes a couple thumb style release and it's shown on Bass Pro and Cabelas web site with a wrist strap and it does look practical. Matt (808XT) there you go - looking for another product? Here's one.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 11 March 2008 - 12:15 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Thank You Jeremiah.
Okay now that makes alot of sense what model is made in variety of fingers used. Since I don't target shoot and don't associate with any guys that do it makes sense.

The string strap makes some sense to me for certain styles of hunts like off the ground spot and stalk and when in a treestand for what ever reason you haven't clipped it on the D-loop preparing for the shot. Spot Hogg makes a couple thumb style release and it's shown on Bass Pro and Cabelas web site with a wrist strap and it does look practical. Matt (808XT) there you go - looking for another product? Here's one.

Mark, are you willing to test one for me? I have some ideas but since I don't use a hand held release, I'm just guessing on how this should work. One quick question, instead of attaching to the hole in the locking arm, what if I made a loop that you could slip the whole release in that you could cinch up with a knot? I don't know if it will be comfortable to shoot this way but it will be easy to put on and remove.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image
Matt this what you're looking at.
The hole in the metal steel colored arm just below "LITE" is where I would attach IT. The attachment string should enter the opposite side of how this is facing us for a right handed person. And if you look at how the spot hogg wrist straps is made will give you more of the idea. Let me know what you think.
Posted Image

#6 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image
Matt this what you're looking at.
The hole in the metal steel colored arm just below "LITE" is where I would attach IT. The attachment string should enter the opposite side of how this is facing us for a right handed person. And if you look at how the spot hogg wrist straps is made will give you more of the idea. Let me know what you think.
Posted Image

OK, let me put something together for you to try. Probably sometime next week.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

Matt as you know there seems to be some interest in this from one other web site ( :rolleyes: Mathews) for these so I'm game. Something in more of a camo colors would be my preference thank you very much. :bigthumb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users