• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Wife and I are headed to Taos NM for Spring Break this weekend and to look the place over and do some fly fishing and biking. Figured it would be 20 deg warmer there than in Gunnsion CO where w e originally planned to go. Doc said if I dint get some exercise soon I'd be dead so we bougth some mtn bikes to tool around on(exercise just bores me to tears).

We havent fly fished since wife started her M.Ed. studies two yr ago so we will prolly be a lil rusty. We'll have to shop for flys too as our PA trout flys are just wayyy too large for the Sangre de Cristo streams we'll fish there(and here). Maybe I need a new rod :) . ( She already has a new one).

Also hope to visit dad's cousins in nearby Los Alamos. One cousin worked there as a scientist at the National Labs for 40 yrs and is retired now. I havent seen him for half that long. The other cousin retired to Los Alamos to be near f amily I guess. So hope to meet some oldER Svenska poikas too and visit some.

Should be a good long weeknd.

Edited by silvertip-co, 18 March 2008 - 10:00 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:14 AM

Sounds like a great trip for a much needed break from the winter Charlie !
Hope you folks have a wonderful time & visit.
Posted Image

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:38 AM

Catch a lot of fish Charlie and have a good time!
-Eric

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

Good luck. You start getting some exercise too. NM as I recall isn't anything like PA or even CO. My daughter and Son-in-law lived in Alberquerqe or however you spell it. Visited there a number of times. Stark but beautiful country.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:04 AM

I was just in those mountains last spring with the wife. Drove through Los Alamos, Taos, Santa Fe and some other small pueblos villages. The fishing season had just started and the pull off parking areas on the mountain roads where jammed with cars from fisherman. I don't know what the season is down there but I was told it wasn't year round. Good luck and have a great trip. Beautiful country and most of it is up in elevation above 8k some above 10k.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users