14 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

here lately I have been experiencing problems with my internet explorer (tried maxthon, firefox, and IE with same problems) when I am on the internet and try and go to a site there are times I have to close the explorer and reopen it again before it will work, when playing a game it laggs really bad when I hit a controll button it dont respond for a long time, and videos wont work it says that its loaded but all I get is a black screen with no sound or video I was told to check some setting in the tools tab I did that with no luck any other suggestions???? (there are times when I post something on here and it wont post it dissapears and dont post for me)

Edited by irinman2424, 20 March 2008 - 09:26 AM.

I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Almost sounds like you have some sort of spyware or something slowing you down.

What do you run for a virus scanner?
What do you run for a spyware/malware scanner?

I'd start there making sure these are up to date and functioning properly then run full system scans.
(I'd probably run this free online scan as well just to make sure something hasn't hijacked your local scanners.)

Let us know from there. Goodness knows that's only the beginning.
(It could be a bunch of other things. :( :) )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

Jer when I tried to run it I get a message saying warning the housecall-api did not find a native binding

I use AVG spybot and addaware

Edited by irinman2424, 20 March 2008 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image

#4 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

I did get the videos to work again but still having alot of lag time and when a web site comes up it loads funny with all kinds of letters squares etc looks like a program type thing you would see on a movie LOL

Posted Image

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Hmm... That error is a new one on me, bud. It's kind of an important thing too because the first step in any such matters should always be making sure the system is clean. (Like I said before, an online scan makes sure that your AVG hasn't been compromised - some viruses can disable your virus scan!)
Umm... try out some others here.

If those come back clean then I would think the original suggestion of investigating settings is the next step. The odd characters you are talking about seeing seems like an issue with the character set your browser(s) is using perhaps. (Honestly not sure where that setting even is within IE...) I'd consider uninstalling and reinstalling IE (making sure to wipe all related files and the registry key or keys before reinstalling) if I couldn't get it figured out.

Hope any of that helps. I'm pretty stumped beyond that.

sig_admin.png

#6 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

I just spent hours fixing a system with these symptoms. I found about 25 viruses, malware, spyware and adware installed. I used HiJackThis from Trend Micro to see what was going on the used ComboFix to remove the virus after I ran the most current version of Trend Micro's System Clean utility for CRYP-TAP-2 in Safe Mode.

You more then likely have TROJ_VUNDO and CRYP-TAP-2 (Google them and you'll find a ton on them) as a minimum from what you have said. They are most often attached to the ShopperReports, Fun Web Games or My Web Search add-on for IE/Fire Fox. Once installed they affect all browsers on your system. You may also have the new version of the FROTO virus. These are all hard to get rid of so be careful. It appears that ComboFix is the only thing that really finishes the job with these bad boyz. PM me if you need any further details.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

"HighjackThis" is very appropriate. Ive had good success with this.

sig_admin.png

#8 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

Use the above link (where JR has typed the word 'this')and follow all instructions and you should be good. If that doesn't kill all of your problem call me at the number I PM'ed you. You may still need to run ComboFix to kill off the last version of the virus that is re-infecting your system when it sees the Internet.

Edited by Charles, 22 March 2008 - 06:18 PM.

5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#9 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

It could also be that your Registry has become corrupt. A corrupt Registry will really bog down a computer.

Sometimes even if the computer has been "cleaned" the registry still has errors in it from these rogue programs. Remember viruses ARE programs. Also quite a few legitimate programs don't uninstall as cleanly as they should. The result is a barfed up registry.

Lately I've been impressed with Registry Booster from Uniblue.

Registry Booster

Not free. This program can be very useful though.
Posted Image

#10 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:56 PM

OK so talking to Charlie and he said to run the program in safe mode but here is the problem when I start up I have 2 options F2 to enter setup mode and F12 to enter boot sequence so the typical F8 is not working to get me iinto safe mode any sugestions ???? in the F2 is the bois settings and its not apearing in there and F12 is the boot sequence of using cd or whatnot but again no option for safe mode

Posted Image

#11 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

OK I got it into safe mode and running it now

Posted Image

#12 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

well I ran both of the programs and it seems to be working and is alot faster loading I sent the logs from both programs to Charles as he wante dto see them to me there was alot of deleting done there is alot that is missing once I loaded explorer again so Im hoping that it fixed it for me Thanks to all of you for your help

Posted Image

#13 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Sounds like we got'er!! Let me know if you have any other messages from the Anti-Virus software.

The programs that were uninstalled were more then likely the reason you had the problems. Many of the new viruses attach themselves to what seem to be good programs.

#14 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

Im running Zone alarm System Suite with spyware doctor and Xoftspy for a backup. Finally I have a system that seldom shows even the low warning infections.
Finally have a clean runningsaystem. I also use Tune Up Utilities 2008 and RegCure for other things that go awry..
Leep:
Posted Image

#15 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

Oh, the only thing I use Internet Explorer for is those applications i have to,such as microsoft updates. I use Opera a lot, it is very fast and i use Mozilla a lot also.
Tyoe in Speed up Mozilla and open two windows, one to read the instructions and the other to type in the changes. It only takes a minute and does speed up Mozilla quite a bit.
Also type in speed up XP and look through them -there are several that will let you speed up XP quite a bit also..
Leep:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users