3 replies to this topic

#1 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

:unsure: Well first off this year I decided to upgrade my shotgun. Not that I'm that old but getting older I wanted to install a Red-Dot scope on my turkey rig. I decided to go with a Burris speed dot 135 and when I got it PA and I put it on and took it to the range. Long story shorter I could not get the dot to come down far enough to get my pattern well enough to kill a turkey.
I e-mailed Burris and they said send it back and they would send me a new one. (I sent it back and it has been more than 3 weeks) and I still haven't recived it so I went out and bought a nuther one. (different model) and got it all sighted in and ready to make my Kansas trip.

I don't know about other people but I will NEVER buy a Burris anything as long as I live.
There service is the worst I have ever delt with and I am done with this company.
Sorry I just had to bring this up and tell my story!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

I feel the same with simmons. I got their red dot and lost the one bolt/nut that clamps it all to the gun. I called & they sent me a new one. I installed the red dot and during sighting in, the bolt stripped out of the nut. I called them, they never sent me a replacement. Now Ive got this sight that I have to run to home depot to see if theres a bolt they have I might be able to use. Then I have to do something about the shiny bolts on my gun when I do it.

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your customer service issues Eric. Burris is a home-state company here in Colorado and most folks I know who use them love them and the service. I put one on my Model 70 last year and I credited it's rock solid reliability and clear sight picture as one of the keys to taking my first elk. Try calling Burris instead of e-mailing and see what happens.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your customer service issues Eric. Burris is a home-state company here in Colorado and most folks I know who use them love them and the service. I put one on my Model 70 last year and I credited it's rock solid reliability and clear sight picture as one of the keys to taking my first elk. Try calling Burris instead of e-mailing and see what happens.

Good point Larry. Some companies customer service emails get spammed so bad they only get 1/4 of the emails that are actually legitimate.

Definitely try calling them.

But if Burris has indeed blown it with you. Check out Trijicon

Edited by Leo, 30 March 2008 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users