• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

I came across a deal on one of the forums I visit.. I am kind of excited about shooting these guns..

Posted Image

This is a Knight MK86 12 gauge shotgun with the turkey choke. I want to use it to see how far I can bust a gobbler with it. I intend to throw a RED DOT on it next week, as soon as I can get some bases for it. Then I will go out and pattern the shotgun.

Then I picked up this...

Posted Image

It is a 50 caliber CVA Tracker Carbine with a 21 inch barrel. I checked the twist and suspect it to be 1-32 which should shoot some conicals. I also have a CVA Stalker Carbine so they look nice side by side. I want to see how well this little stalking rifle will shoot.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

Wow Cayugad looks like a couple of orphans have come to a caring home. Congratulations on those two. That CVA tracker looks a lot like my Traditions Buckskinner.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

What kind of loads does your Buckskinner shoot? I was told by the prior owner that 80 grains of powder and a 240 grain sabot shot real good, so time will tell.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

That CVA looks sweet. If you are shooting them things regularly, your lungs must look like a coalminer's! :D Don't start any grass fires with that thing. I'm guessing that it produces a pretty good flame with that short barrel.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

Cayugad I can't help very much on loads. That buckskinner is the one with the very tight barrel that I used the JB Bore paste on but have not shot it since. About my best shooting load was about 70 gr of 2f Goex and a 44 cal bullet in a 45 cal sabot I wrapped the bullet with paper till it fit with the right degree of firmness. I also killed a deer with a 60 gr load of 2f and a powerbelt. That shot was over 80 yds.

#6 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

We will just have to see what can be done with it... sounds like fun.

#7 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

That CVA has some really nice looking wood on it!
-Eric

#8 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

this is my new rifle... I just got it today. It is a White Model 97 .451 with a stainless steel barrel, laminated stock, and a bold trigger. I mounted a Nikon 1X scope on so we will see if it is as accurate.

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

Cayugad Another one!!! best be careful that there is still room for you and the dog in the house. As I recall you have several whites now. As I also recall they seem to have some good results in the accuracy dept. Way to go.

#10 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

I have two others... I might have to build another gun rack wall if I don't stop. So this is maybe the time to call my collecting quits.. :evilgrin:

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

My father-in-law said it best "A man can't have too many guns".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users