29 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:19 AM

I have noticed that there is very little posting being done over the last couple months it has dropped off considerably if I don't go to the board for 2-3 days there is maybe 6-10 posts. this is TERRIBLE GUYS there is no posts about plans for the summer no posts of getting ready for fishing no posts of any camping plans nothing going on we have enough members we should have a ton of posts. I could understand if it were hunting season or holidays but its not.
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:38 AM

Hey Todd!!
Patsy and I are sitting in a campground in sprinfield OH and having a blast ,getting visits by some of the best friends one could have !!!
You and Heather ,Frank's and family and last night Rowdy showed up ,
it just does not get any better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :clap:

Edited by Woody, 06 April 2008 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#3 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

well we know about you Woody and Patsy Im talking about everyone else you have an excuse LOL

Posted Image

#4 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

Just in case no one responds,lol http://forums.huntin...?showtopic=4236

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

I guess what I am trying to say here is this and I did read them posts Mudduck and went over them again but in my oppinion when someone joins a forum it is to converse with others get ideas get information as well as share with others your experiences techniqs etc... now ask yourself this question how many times will you go to a forum (return) to see what others are saying, talking about, information has changed, suggestions given etc. when there is nothing new to read about before you get bored with it and start finding other places (I.E. other forums) to get information to socialize with others ???? what I am saying is even myself I get bored and not check in here for 2-3 days hopeing that something new will be said, added to keep my interest but find myself googleing for other sites out of boredom I sign in and the first thing I do is click on the new post and time and time again I get the infamouse message "no new posts please broaden your search criteria"(something like that) we need to keep it alive and dont loose that interest in coming here we dont want others to get bored and not return (I hope this makes sense to everyone)

Posted Image

#6 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

We have Forty{40} forums on this website for the dozen or so regular users to post in. I agree thats its not unusual for a post in "General Discussion" to remain on the first page for a week after the last post in that topic. I suggested once that perhaps we didn't need all the forums, as perhaps there wasn't enough activity to warrant them yet, but was told that we didn't need to clutter General Discussion with topics like fishing, hunting, archery, etc., when they could be organized in their own forums. I think this is an excellent thread, and you have raised some good questions and concerns, this topic has had 34 views as I write this, yet only you and I are discussing it or sharing an opinion. Today is April 6th. Think this topic will still be "front page" on April 13th? In my opinion, activity generates participation, by requiring one to check in on a regular basis {daily} to see "whats new" .

#7 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

I agree 100% but as I said how many times will someone that just signed up for a forum return if they come in and there is NO new activity its like having a friday night outing every week and you go to a movie (just an example) how many weeks are you going to see that movie and pay to see it (or if its free still have gas, pop, popcorn etc) (the theater is not changing the movie due to whatever) before you change your source???? we all in this forum need to put forth more effort to do more posts more jokes more things to keep people coming back in. "we the members have to change that movie and keep others coming back"

Edited by irinman2424, 06 April 2008 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

Recovering from the flu/cold bug that slammed me earlier in the week. Plus meeting all you fine gracious folks in Springfield yesterday. And today trying to get some spring yard work done. I had to sharpen the lawn mower blade and change the oil, air filter and spark plug cause I'm betting I'm cutting this lawn by next weekend. I'm running around in short sleeves today and I love it. Shot my bow in short sleeves this afternoon and it's fun without the bulky sleeves of a coat.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

I haven't done much of anything the past few weeks besides go to school and baseball practice and more homework than we usually get...I haven't shot my gun or bow at all because I lost my release somewhere and need to scrounge around to get another one. My first baseball game is tomorrow and I think we'll probably win if the other team is the same as it was last year when we played them. I think that's about all that's been happening with me....
-Eric

#10 QueenNorth

QueenNorth

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

Well I am one who comes in and looks around and do not do much posting, but then Woody usually posts eh! :D Sometimes I add my 2 cents worth though but those who know Woody know getting a word in edgewise can be difficult, :rofl:
Posted Image
Queen of the Great White North and Woody
Rolling Castle Blog

#11 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:31 PM

LOL

Posted Image

#12 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:19 AM

Here, it's been workworkworkwork. I just got home, and am having a look around. Besides, Todd, if I expressed my opinion of what I think of some of the drivers of them 4 wheelers, this would turn into an X rated website.I have had a few nights where it was 20 mph traveling because of 0 visibility, with 4 wheelers having to get in front of you. I just smile and wave back at them when they are sitting in the ditch trying to get me to stop and pull them out.. I feel that if they are stupid enough to be driving like a lunatic, then, they deserve to be in the ditch. That is one less idiot that I have to worry about running over. They then also get to explain to the police why they were traveling fast enough to end up in some farmers field. It also keeps the towtruck operators from going hungry. :D Can't do any fishing at the moment, because, my licence just expired, and it's closed for a month. Also, the ice isn't safe, and I have had better than 1/2 dozen unscheduled polar dips. Even after that many, I still don't like em. :no: The stocked trout lakes are open to fishing, but until the ice peels off, I will look in my freezer, if I feel like fish. :yes: Give 'er another month, and we can have a mosquito bite contest, or something, to keep the doldrums away. :hmm: :idea: Maybe, we can have a trophy fly hunt! :P I hope to get out this next weekend, and do some long range plinking, if I don't have to work. We'll see.

#13 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:22 AM

I've been working 10 hr days this past week getting ready for an inspection . And tomorrow i'm off and wed. it will be as rowdy said yard work ..the grass is about to take over , i might need to bale it..

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#14 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

not much happening here todd...the heavy rains here have the lakes way out of the banks so no fishing going on here...and then the high waters have all the turkey hunting properties flooded also...been taking test and more test for work so as to get certified so i can keep my job....so there's been lot's of studing around here....but i will try to check in more often ....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#15 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

:D Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
The queen and I are leaving Springfield to day,headed for washinton PA and pa-turbo's house tomorrow !Will give ya's all holler when we get there eh.
:bigthumb: 3:)
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users