29 replies to this topic

#16 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

well here itll be ablout a week or so and Ill have to get the ol mower out with all the rains just need some sun now to get it going the ground is wet enough but hasnt been much sun at all the weekend of the 20th Im going to get the ol john boat out and let it go for a swim and get me some BIG crappies there is a pond that I used to fish a few years back and from what I hear they are still in there but harder to get from the bank in a 5 gallon bucket they overlap the tail going around it when I fillet them the fillets are almost the size of a plate (the length of the fillet) so Ill post some pics if I have any luck with it

Edited by irinman2424, 07 April 2008 - 08:03 AM.

I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#17 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image
just spending alot of hours trying to clear the snow so we can cut the grass. really makes the job twice as hard having to shovel first so you can then mow.
Posted Image
didn't help to wake up this morning to find another 6 inches had fallen over night.
Posted Image
I'd say at this point in april with this much snow, this photo says it all.

other then that...work is keeping us busy.
ohh and for those who are going to go out playing with hoho launchers and trash talking the colorruffians.
bring your launcher out here to my place for a day of play, we'll see what you are made of and how long you'lll hang in your short shorts and flip flops in 4 ft of snow launching hoho's. :)

we'll get ours done and show ya how its done, just need to get out of winter first :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#18 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

WOW sorry but I dont envy you at all with that stuff on the ground that is one thing I dont miss at all its fun and nice durring hunting season for tracking but after that it can go just for that 2 weeks of hunting its nice to have but here lately we havent had it till Jan-March a little too late for hunting season I recall a few days out with a short sleve shirt in Nov hunting last year

Posted Image

#19 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:04 AM

I haven't posted so much in the past month or so either. Our weather here in central PA ah er Northern part of central PA has been very wet both with snow and rain. Been a little cold too. Where is AlGore when you need him. Weather wise it has been just too cold and wet to do much outside. I did manage to get some small limbs and leaves swept up from the drier parts of the nearly 4 acres that I have to mow. I had to ship my big mower to the shop for repairs, replace my hot water heater, get my windshield replaced in my truck, traded cars so the wife can use outrageous amounts of gas. Glad it isn't the cheap stuff we used to use. I also take care of my 89 year old mom who still lives at her house. Helped Eric till 1:30 one night to keep his basement from turning into a swiming pool. Plowed snow a couple of times. Made some turkey calls and started to prepare for Eric and My trip to Kansas for some Turkey hunting. Other than that I just sit around twiddling my fingers and wondering when the sun will shine.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#20 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

I'm one of the guilty ones who just pop in to see if any new posts have been made. I'm not very good writer or talker but I enjoy listening or reading in this case.

I have to mow my lawn the whole year around :cry: but luckily I have a small yard. :rolleyes: Just got back from a weekend trip to Maui to help the in-laws. My dad-in-law had an operation and has gout so I helped out with his "animals" (couple of dogs and some goats) in addition to some cultural stuff that we Chinese do this time of year.

The research I'm doing for the "braided bikini" is "killing me" :evilgrin: I can't decide how small they should be :whistle: but mostly it's been taking care of the kids :wacko: and :zzz:

#21 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

808 I look forward to your posts. None of us here are trained (some arent even house trained) with the skills of communication but do not let that stop you from making a post now and then. Having been to your corner of paradise recently and experienced the outstanding natural beauty of those islands your posts bring back memories of my trip there.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#22 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

I am terranle with spelling and mostly punctuation it doesnt matter I know I am bad with it and occasionally will see a post that I made and get embarrassed that I misspelled something or had a 3 paragraph run on sentance but it at least gives something whether it is somethign that I am going through, something that I am looking for insite on, something that I have experienced or just rambling LOL

Posted Image

#23 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

hey Bruce!
We are in Washington PA ,The temp todaywas 75F :rolleyes: B)
the grass is green and crocuses are out !! :nahnah: :evil: he made me doit lol
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#24 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

Welcome back to PA you two, I sure can't wait till we finally meet. There Todd I made a post. :lol:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#25 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

Well, besides working on building an ark, because of all this rain we've been getting, Me and Jason are fired up about Turkey Season. Been tuning old calls and buying and drooling over new ones. We're taking Jason's son on his first turkey hunt this Saturday which is Youth Season. We're really looking forward to it and am hoping to film him getting one. It's awesome to see the excitement in my son and grandson's eyes in anticipation. Been fighting on going health problems so each hunt becomes more and more special to me. My son gives me strength and I love spending time outdoors with him and now grandchildren too. Paul can attest to the bond me and Jason share. If we are not hunting, we're planning a hunt, and if not one of the two then we're fishing or planning a trip fishing. :lol: All in all life is good and I'm busy cherishing every moment of it. :yes:

#26 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

I have been working 4 off 4 then work 3 off 3. Plus I am now consulting on the side so time is sorta limited. For my real job I have a great schedule and lots of time off to hunt and fish and pan gold etc, it's just I just have so much to do here at home I dont take time to sit down and get online as much as in the past. Also I've had lack of an isp at my work apartment which I am moving out of on the 19th. So maybe when I get back to hotelling I'll have service so I can post and chat. But now my laptop has a 'worm' so I dont have a pc to use til I get that fixed.

It's always something...

Edited by silvertip-co, 08 April 2008 - 03:58 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#27 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

The last couple months at work have been pretty busy. I've noticed my time on several forums has gone down quite a bit during the week. After spending 9+ hours each day in front of a computer, I need a break for a bit at night. ;)

Plus, the Brewers are usually on at night this time of year. :clap:

#28 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

Sometimes I don't have as much time to post as I would like. I have taken on a few extra projects this year at school - prom director's husband has cancer so I am helping (no clue what I am doing - it has been a long time since I have been to a prom). I was also asked to sponsor Student Coucil this year - unique experience but very rewarding - they have many projects all going on at the same time! They had not been active in the past & are taking this opportunity! I still sponsor Chess Club - OH, yes, and I still have a job to do!! Next year will be worse. We were suppose to get new software this year but they are putting it off until the next year - which is when we are scheduled to move into the new school.

Trying to do a little turkey hunting in what spare time is availble. Little spring planting on 2 different leases in 2 different counties. Also setting up feeders in both places. This afternoon however, I think we are going fishing - I don't care if mosquitoes are the only thing biting!!!!

For some unknow reason, from time to time I have to send for my password - my computer forgets (& I surely don't know it)!!! I don't know why this happens but as long as I can get back on!!!

#29 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

Which end is up? Sheez...I found a check today from Vcross. It was buried under twenty feet of paperwork (Vicky, I tore it up). I am winding down a major project-hopefully I will be finished Monday. I start the next project Tuesday, go figure! No worries though. Ya'll are like family. I feel you even when I'm swamped! :D
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#30 WRBH

WRBH

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:hunting,trapping,fishing,camping and life in general

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm unable to stay online like I use to because the curve in my back has gotten worse, made it very hard to sit for any real amount of time. Is why I now sleep on a couch in the frontroom instead of my bed. Doc says surgery would make it worse and because of the way curve is if they fuse lumbar area, thorasic will curve and in 10 yrs will have to ahve it fussed as well. I do spend alot of time on the phone because I can sit, or lay down. move around, squirm etc while I am talking. I have unlimited long distance in the US, and can talk any ear off. So if anyone would like a phone call ever now and then to talk hunting, fishing, life in general, pm me your phone # and I will call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users