No replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image

The White .451 has a 1X Nikon scope on it. I wanted to see if the scope was close to being on. I set a Shoot N-C Birchwood Casey target out at 25 yards. It has been shot a few times with a .22 but I was sure I could tell the difference between them and a .451 460 grain Bull Shop Conical hole.

Posted Image

This was a ten shot group. I never swabbed the barrel between any of the shots. The bullets loaded easy. I was shooting 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f powder and no wad. I was pretty pleased with the group it shot for the first time on the range.

Posted Image

Then I wanted to check some other conicals I had around the house. These were made by Black Jack Hill. They are 450 grain .452 diameter. I used a homemade Castor Oil lube on them and again shot them with 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f. To be fair to the new projectile I swabbed the barrel clean. They loaded a little tighter then the .451 but nothing terrible mind you. The first shot was a little out of the group, but the next four hits were good.
Posted Image

Weather was cold, drizzle, over cast, and a slight wind. Not real nice to be sitting out in, but when you want to shoot, you want to shoot....
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users