2 replies to this topic

#1 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

Well PA's spring gobbler season opened today and I had high hopes of going for a third turkey on the first day in a row. Well last night I waited on my good OL friend J Gabel to show up and go to camp. J and I finally made it to camp at around 20 till 10 and Woodhick,Woodhick Jr and Phil were already there.

We all sat around the campfire lastnight and made our plans on what we were going to do. Well this morning I made it to where I was going to go and got the decoy set up (Thanks Phil) and I got my headnet and gloves on and got all situated in, I was not sitting in my spot for more than 5 min and I looked right out in front of me and 2 mature gobblers came right in, (I did not even have time to put my mouth call in) and they made no noise and caught me off guard.

Well I got the gun up real slow and took bead on the one bird and shot. He did a back flip and flopped on the ground, I worked the action and started to get up to go claim my trophy when he jumped up and took off running. I unloaded the other two rounds in him and got feathers with all 3 rounds. :o :o :o

I took off in the direction he went and jumped him and got two more rounds in him but could not stop him. I think this turkey was armor plated.

After all the excitement I stopped pushing him and decided to go back to camp to get some help. The whole gang and I started looking for him and after a little while Woodhick said Hey I found him and was not dead yet, and he jumped up and took off running and Harry took 2 shots at him but missed. :( :(

J saw him cross the road he was standing on but did not present a shot. We looked for this turkey but could not find him, we looked for many hours but it was just not ment to be. I hate not finding wounded game. But this is life that I accept.

So this is what I brought home.
Posted Image
:( :( :( :'( :'( :'(
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#2 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

Those may take quite a bit of steaming to tender 'em up. :yes:

Sorry to hear that he got away. You sure put out quite an effort to get him. Better luck next time. Go get 'em.
Posted Image

#3 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

Don't take it to hard man.
We tried and tried some more.

Dude you forgot the feathers for the stew..........LOL sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users