• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:57 PM

Fishing opener in Wisconsin starts May 6th, so today I got my boat out of storage and started getting it ready to go. Need to wash and wax, change lower unit lube, put in and charge batteries etc. Getting excited, fishing is almost as much fun as hunting! Posted Image Posted Image

#2 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

Nice boat :yes: I've found with my reletivley short time of being really interested in fishing I;ve found that getting ready for the fishing season ( getting boat ready, changing lines on real, etc. etc) is almost is as fun as actually being on the water hauling in a big one B)

Run
-Eric

#3 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

I hear ya Jeff. PA and I are going to get ours out soon also. B) B)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#4 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

Good looking boat mudduck. Good luck with the fishing.
Posted Image

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

dont forget to unhook the tie down straps before ya launch her.
2nd item don't forget to put the drain plug in :)

it has been all winter since ya did that stuff ya know ;)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 tdl12321

tdl12321

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

"2nd item don't forget to put the drain plug in "

been there - done that. We almost sunk my buddies brand new 18 foot Sea Ray. Couldn't get the motor to start, was fiddling away, and finally noticed the water coming in. WE were still at the ramp and we managed to get it on the trailer, but his for explorer really stuggled pulling that boat and all that water up the ramp.

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:20 PM

yea I've forgot the drain plug myself ONCE! LOL it only takes once.

now when I was launching my ski boat ( back when I had one ) the guy in the 2nd bay of the ramp was launching his little alum puttputt boat and he didn't do the drain plug OR take the tie downs off. so the trailer kept trying to sink his boat, he's screaming at his girlfriend, she doesnt know wha tto do and the darn boat just won't float. finaly they pull it forward, and I tied mine up...walked over ( stayed out of arms reach ) and asked..... ya mind if I help ya out?
WHAT!!!!

hmmm how long have you been boating? hmmm I just bought this boat today...WHY? ok... here is some items for your launching check list.

1) don't scream at the girlfriend. She is usually driving the vehilce while your in the boat...not a good thing to do to ###### her off.

2) un plug your trailer lights before you back into the water. ( good way to fry your electrical system )

3) see these straps on the back, unhook them and stow them away.

4) see where all this water is pouring out of the inside of your boat. that is where your drain plug goes.. put that in before you launch , take it out as soon as you pull it from the water and allow the boat to drain out before going on up the ramp.

5) bring the boat part way into the water, lower and start the motor...let it idle then finish launching. that way if your motor doesnt start, you are not floating away and paddling back .

have a nice day.

his girlfriend was almost in tears laughing when I got done.
he stood there with this I'm a jerk look on his face... applogized to her, thanked me and then asked if I'd give him a hand getting the boat in the water :)

ahhh the two best days in a mans life
the day he buys his boat.
the day he sells his boat :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

I usually go trout fishing on the opener. Seems to be a lot more room on the stream banks than on the lakes. I think up here in Minnesota and Wisconsin we have more boats per capita than anywhere else in the world and most are trying to launch theirs on opening day. Sometimes it's fun to just go and watch everybody trying to launch, one could make an absolutely hysterical movie on the trials and tribulations of some.

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:23 AM

Nice rig Jeff. Deep V boats are my favorite and trackers make a great boat. When I had a boat it was a small deep V fishing boat. I'd like to buy another one someday somewhat like yours. Maybe next year, too much going on this summer and I don't need it reminding me how I'm not using it enough. :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users