6 replies to this topic

#1 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

I hope none of you think less of me although I am sure some may. The board we all came from have lots of sympathy and financial requests. While I understand personal loss and tragedy I hope this board stays focused on hunting. Maybe a special topic area for these type of requests can be made. I hope that on a hunting board, topics will only have hunting and related subjects and never a pinned topic requesting donations.

#2 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:58 PM

Well said. Thank you.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:23 PM

I'm with you Jack.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

I too agree, to an extent. Anything can be over done or can be just plain inappropriate for any given site. There are numerous sites strictly about hunting but what sets this site apart from all the others is that I don't see it as a " Hunting site " but more as a site about "hunters who love hunting, and the outdoors in general, and who share a common bond that the love of hunting has given us all, each and every one of us." Many long lasting freindships have been made here and if one of us suffers we all feel his or her pain just as well as if something good happens to one of us we all rejoice in their good fortune. We lose that and we just as well go to any hunting site, ones as good as another, but frankly I don't think any of us cares to do that. We have something precious here. Something we should cherish and hold dear to our hearts. Think how upset we all were when we lost the BO site. It wasn't the site itself that was the big deal, it was the thought of losing contact with each other. That in itself says a lot about how we all feel. I can never thank Jerimiah enough for keeping us all together. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my two cents worth. I'd like to add that another thing that's great about this site is our common share, no matter what the religion, in a higher power and an ethical way of life. :yes:

Edited by Spirithawk, 13 June 2006 - 12:42 PM.

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:05 PM

Amen,
Spirit

MD

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

I think I'll add a little to what Sirit said. If you can remember, at the Bo site we had thousands of member and a majoritey of them only joined to say on or to sentences in the "Ask Dave" section of the board. Unlike here, we are a close family in which almost everyone knows where each other lives or what their personality is. Heck, a lot of people know other members' kid name, something that would be impossible on the old board. And so since we don't have any celebrities here, we don't have people join and ask if they can hunt with him or if he could give them a free ride to stardom. And since we aren't sponsered by a lot big companies we don't feel nervous or embarressed to talk about different brands( at least I did). Here ends my paragraph about why I like this board and everyone here.

Run
-Eric

#7 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:06 AM

Run and spirit i think you both said it well...

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users