Photo

Martin Lynx Compound Bow - Modify Draw Weight?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ko40370

ko40370

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:05 AM

Hello, I have a Martin Lynx compound bow. It has a draw weight of 58 lbs with a 50% let off.
It is a bear for me to pull back and it's even tough for me to hold it while I aim. Is there a way I can modify the draw weight down to lets say 40 lbs?

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

If my memory serves me correctly, the Lynx had at least a 10 pound (maybe even 15) draw weight adjustment. The only problem is that we don't know where the bow is at in that adjustment range right now. There are two ways to find this out.

One, look for a sticker on the inner limb(s).
If it is still there and legible it should at least have a "peak" or "max" draw weight listed. If it says 70#, for example, then you probably can't turn it down much more than where it is now at 58# (maybe to 55#).
Two, observe the bolts that hold the limbs to the riser. If the bolts are bottomed out (meaning tightened all the way in so that there is no gap between limbs and riser) then the bow is at peak weight and can be turned down. If there is, however, a gap with the bolts being backed off then the bow is already not at peak weight. (And since most bows go in even peak poundages - 50, 60, 70 etc. - it would most likely be a 70# bow.)

IF there is adjustment that can be made, turn the poundage down by loosening the limb bolts equal turns. (You will either need to check the poundage on a scale or contact Martin to verify how many turns out the limb bolts can be taken.) If the limb bolts are already turned down, the only way to really lower the poundage is to acquire lighter limbs. (One could also play with longer cables, but that changes draw length and bow specs.)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users