4 replies to this topic

#1 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

:doh: Well it seems I have been shooting a bow for 4 years that has been too long for me. As I was having my string replaced. While getting my peep aligned for me the shoppro noticed that I was over extended at my anchorpoint. So he measured me and it turns out I have been shooting a drawlength too long for me. The anchor point I was using was my fletching not the string.It turns out the draw length of my bow was an inch too long. After pulling a bow off the rack that was the right length and giving me 4 minutes of instruction. I was placing arrows in a target the size of a half dollar from 20 yards. The shop has ordered me the right cam for my Outback. They are going to install it and cut my arrows for free. :clap: So now I have to learn to shoot again.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

Sounds like a real eye opener :huh: and a real pro shop that will own up and make up for an obvious mistake. It probably will be no time before you're shooting XX's :evilgrin: Look at this way you'll be shooting what will seem to be a new bow with these changes. :D

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 22 May 2008 - 08:15 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:04 AM

That's pretty good. So many shops would not have noticed anything amiss or said anything. Sounds like you found a great place to spend your money.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 davepross54

davepross54

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

:doh: Well it seems I have been shooting a bow for 4 years that has been too long for me. As I was having my string replaced. While getting my peep aligned for me the shoppro noticed that I was over extended at my anchorpoint. So he measured me and it turns out I have been shooting a drawlength too long for me. The anchor point I was using was my fletching not the string.It turns out the draw length of my bow was an inch too long. After pulling a bow off the rack that was the right length and giving me 4 minutes of instruction. I was placing arrows in a target the size of a half dollar from 20 yards. The shop has ordered me the right cam for my Outback. They are going to install it and cut my arrows for free. :clap: So now I have to learn to shoot again.

yes i know what you mean. I always just went to K-mart or wal-mart didn't even know there was a differance

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Sounds like you did pretty good after shooting one with proper draw length. Practice so your new positioning becomes second nature and you'll do all right. Just be sure in the excitement of drawing on that big buck you don't fall back on your old hold position.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users