37 replies to this topic

#31 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

Well Woody is in Denver, I spoke with him briefly this afternoon. Said everything went well and the flight was good. The only thing that he thought was funny was that they(the airport) took his shampoo and body wash away from him. He was with Huck at the time I talked to him and Huck had him slaving away. Anyway glad to see he made it to Denver and is having a great time. I wish him well as he encounters all the Ruffians tomorrow.

turbo

#32 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

Patsy and Dave; Thanks for the update. With no shampoo and body wash, I guess Woody will be fine in Africia, smelling like do do, and none of the angry critters will want to eat him. I guess traveling by air is a little different than by 5th wheel ! It is all for security Woody, so no one is carrying nitroglycerin in a shampoo bottle, with plans of blowing up the plane. Strange and sometime cruel world we live ! Eat up at the Texas Roadhouse, good food there. Don't worry Patsy, before you know it, Woody will be home, with wonderful stories to share with you. :D HH in Pa

#33 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

We should wish the ruffians good luck.

#34 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:55 AM

Hurry back Woody. Man you two lovebirds being separated and all that charma and love waves are upsetting the balance of nature when sent out longrange. I can feel it here in PA as the temps are going to be in the mid 90s for the next several days. Going from the closeness of the Canadian prarie schooner to the distance to Africa look out cause anything can happen.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#35 QueenNorth

QueenNorth

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

Had a pm from Woody this morning, he is having a great time with Huck. He met Bruce, his wife Randy, Silvertip and wife Dawn, in his words "it was a hoot and you just couldn't meet nicer people". Leo called Woody while he was at the Texas Roadhouse with the gang but the noise level was high and Woody could not hear Leo on the phone, imagine that :yes: . Woody says thanks for calling Leo! Today he is going to visit Larry and Mel at their home, and then tomorrow Huck and Woody will take off on the long journey to Africa.
Posted Image
Queen of the Great White North and Woody
Rolling Castle Blog

#36 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

Had a pm from Woody this morning, he is having a great time with Huck. He met Bruce, his wife Randy, Silvertip and wife Dawn, in his words "it was a hoot and you just couldn't meet nicer people". Leo called Woody while he was at the Texas Roadhouse with the gang but the noise level was high and Woody could not hear Leo on the phone, imagine that :yes: . Woody says thanks for calling Leo! Today he is going to visit Larry and Mel at their home, and then tomorrow Huck and Woody will take off on the long journey to Africa.

Actually Huck called me and handed the phone to Woody, Bruce and Silvertip. It was just as hard for me to hear on the other end. Sometimes I didn't know who had the phone :lol: That place was LOUD!

Anyway thanks goes to Huck for burning his cellular minutes for everyone to say hello!
Posted Image

#37 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

psst don't tell....it was his company phone ROFLMAO.

pictures to follow in new thread :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#38 QueenNorth

QueenNorth

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

I talked to Woody and Huck tonight and they are ready to go! Huck says that Woody has the campgrounds picked out that we will stay upon our return and I am thinking that will be as soon as possible, he is enjoying himself immensely and reading the posts from the other Coloradians I think a good time was had by all.
Safe trip and good luck to all who are attending the African hunt!
Posted Image
Queen of the Great White North and Woody
Rolling Castle Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users