• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 camoclown

camoclown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

My next gun will be sent to pac-nor. They got some pretty good deals. A super match grade stainless is $255.00 and for them to fit chamer and true the action is another $255.00. Plus they have just about any reamer you could want.
Just wondering what you guys prefer. Ive got liljas, pac-nors, kriegers and wilsons and all are great shooters.
I diiffently think the extra money is worth it when you are shooting ou there a little ways for confidence at least.
Opinions welcome.

#2 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

I would love to have the money to have a rifle built to my specs. I have no logical reason but I want a 300WM necked down to 277 and a Richards MicroFit dual thumbhole stock probally in one of threir laminates. Fairly heavy and long barrel not for hunting but for the taking of many paper varmits. I have a bad right hand and wrist and their dual dual thumbhole is the most comfotable stock I have felt for my hand. My wrist has been fused and doesn't bend makes shooting an adventure but still fun. Second choice is something mild in a 6.5.
MR300WM

#3 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

Camoclown I am like you and thought that this would be a very good topic as I would think that everybody has a wish for or has a special rifle. Come on people let us here about them weather you have it or if it is only a dream.
MR300WM

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

I enherited a bunch of rifles from my father-in-law all the rifles are custom made and truly wildcat cartridges. The majority are 60+yr old bench rest rifles chambered in 219 Donaldson Wasp. One is in 222 rem. His hunting rifles were a pair of rifles made in the 50s and very early 60s. Both are 7mm mag but not Remington 7mm. Both rifles predate the rem. At the time those rifles used 300 H&H mag cases shortened and sized down to 7mm. Now I can just shorten the rem 7mm mag and run it through my die. One thing I can say about those rifles is they are extremely accurate and my son and I just love them. My 7mm is on a Win 70 action and is a rather thin barrel. I restocked it with a left hand cheekpiece stock. We also get the Donaldsons and the 222 out once in a while and shoot them just for the tiny groups. We have used the Donaldsons on woodchucks and man they do a job there. I've never chrono'd these rifles but according to the manuals they are bugging out at about 3400 - 3500 fps.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hart.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#6 camoclown

camoclown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

Just bought a 243 ackley with the tang safety ruger 77 action and a shilen barrel. Buyer claims it only has 100 rounds through it Im hoping it will be here this week. Its actually coming out of PA. I picked this one up for a song at $430.
Joe check out boyds stocks. They make a thumbhole that really is comfortable and reasonably priced. I picked up a two of them that were factory seconds for $120 for both. I glass bedded them finished sanded and stained them myself and they are sweet.

#7 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

The Boyd stocks are really nice, but if the rifle you plan on using it on has any recoil. Think about getting an aftermarket pad ground to fit.

Limbsavers work but I think the HiViz pads look better and may even work a little better ;)

Custom rifle wise, I'd probably just special order a Cooper nowadays. If I was gonna get one I would go for the Cooper Jackson hunter ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users