Very Interesting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

A Short but Interesting Read

I've actually contacted some of the original forums where I first read of this asking them if I could post the information in the article there. They pretty much took the stance that they would just rather not see another flare up. Totally understandable! (But, admittedly, also a tad disappointing.)

Lucky for me I have my own site to get the truth out. :P

Tell your friends! :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

go Figure they just dont want the truth they want to live in their own little fantasy land
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

The truly sad thing is that on the one forum where this was discussed, the original author was actually just asking whether the rumor was true or not. It STILL turned into a huge argument and NOBODY even bothered to address the question with more than hearsay and more rumor. By the time I had the truth in hand that topic had already been pulled from the forum. So, I honestly can't say that I blame at least that forum for not wanting to run the risk of starting the fire all over again.

Sometimes the Internet disgusts me. LOL

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

Kudos to you Jere!

Imagine that, actually asking the company about a rumor.

Gregory Benford talked about in one of his books "The Law of Controversy". In a nutshell it states that the degree of passion surrounding an issue is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. This is a great example of how an impassioned controversy can be started with nothing and killed with next to zero effort.
Posted Image

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:49 PM

Jeremiah you did the right thing Scripture says if you have a problem with someone go to them and talk. You did er right.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

Jeremiah; I applaud you for ingenious approach to the Easton rumor. Go straight to the horse's mouth. Too bad the other forums were not willing to post the truth about Easton's support of our troops. Thank you for your efforts in seeking the truth. AttaBoy Jere ! :clap: HH in Pa

#7 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:04 AM

I'm glad to see the answer right from Easton. I know that this subject got quite out of hand on another forum.

#8 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:20 AM

Great post.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users