Count down

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:48 PM

Well all i'm patiently awaiting Oct. 1st when i can dust off the broadheads (if something comes up and i don't get to go to E3 anyways) and start chasing whitetails... when do ya'll get to start slinging sticks? :D
Semper Fi

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:02 PM

Ohio just passed new regs and archery begins now Sept 30 and goes to Feb 2. - I can't wait to get started too. I'll practise all summer long for the late summer season to start. :yes:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:12 PM

Rowdy, if you shoot 3D, it is definately good practice for bow season, especially if you have a guy setting up the ranges that's as evil as the guy that sets up some of the ones i shoot :lol: most of the shots are within decent ranges for the novice group, but he'll set up shots where you almost have to graze a tree to hit the kill zone.. and lets face it.. a whitetail is gonna come out and stop in the worst possible place for a shot, now aren't they?
Semper Fi

#4 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:40 AM

Rowdy, if you shoot 3D, it is definately good practice for bow season, especially if you have a guy setting up the ranges that's as evil as the guy that sets up some of the ones i shoot :lol: most of the shots are within decent ranges for the novice group, but he'll set up shots where you almost have to graze a tree to hit the kill zone.. and lets face it.. a whitetail is gonna come out and stop in the worst possible place for a shot, now aren't they?

That's a given for sure. :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#5 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:41 AM

Starts in early Sept. but I won't be able to make it to the camp in Ky. until mid Oct.
Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

Terry I agree with your suggestion. I'm a dues paying card carrying member in some local archery clubs (mainly because they needed the funds for programs and to stay a float). I just don't have the personal time to make it to the ranges. :(

I do shoot at 4 3D targets and my 4x4 block (that is almost gone from all the practise) in my back yard several evening a week and weekends. I've made holes in a few of them from broadhead shots the size of grapefruits. :rofl: And yes they are in the right spot over the 10 ring boiler room circle. :lol:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 03 May 2006 - 07:07 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:59 AM

Expanded season in Maine ( Around the cities ) is the first saturday after Labor day.
State wide regular season is a thursday I forget exactly how they figure it all out but it is something like this.....

Thanksgiving the saturday after go back 5 saturdays this is rifle season then back four saturdays then to that preceeding thursday and you have the first day of "Regular archery".

#8 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

September 16 in Wisconsin! :yes:

Now that I've got a buck bowkill under my belt, my goals have changed. I'm not going to shoot a buck (with any weapon) unless I believe it will net 125", or qualify for Pope & Young. And keeping with tradition, I'll shoot as many does as I can. I'd like to get at least three does this year. If I can get all three with a bow that would be even better. :D

#9 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:48 PM

Our bow season for Antelope starts August 15th :D and the general bow season Setember 2nd.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users