• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

I pretty well wore out my old green Dodge Ram, too many railroad miles and camper draggin miles and trips to/from Durango when I first got it. Tranny was stretched, motor leaked at front crank bearing, and front axle seal leaks again( bad too, must be a Dana thing ).

So the boss and I went shopping. We spent 9 hours lookin and drivin many used and new trucks. Did pretty good, most of the test drives were WITHOUT the salesman along :clap: . We discussed diesel 2500 trucks at great length and just decided I needed more MOTOR to pull with occasionally not more truck. Fuel being what it is its a losing game no matter how you cut it(we stay home anyway when not workin).

A trip to the Dodge dealer showed that even with incentives and my additonal % rr discount new trucks are just wayyyy to high and they aint quite giving them Power Wagons away yet, in spite of the current mad rush to get all of America stuffed in to Smart cars or Electroluxes. While scopin out a 2500 gas Ram downtown we found this gem, a 04 with only 45k miles on it that otto last me til retirement ( or at least til they start givin them Power Wagons away) :

http://community.web...563832559kgjsWQ
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

Now tht otta getcha where you need to go and back.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

Dude, nice ride! Did they give you a gas card for that thing, Charlie?
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

Sweet !!!
Posted Image

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:47 PM

around here the Dodge dealers are giving some insentive(sp) of only paying 2.99 for gas for the 1st 12,000 miles each year for 3 years did you get in on that deal or werent they offering that where you are ??
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

Nice truck!
-Eric

#7 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:39 AM

Way to go Charlie!

#8 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:07 AM

Nice truck Silvertip-co hope you enjoy it. I"not being a smart @$% would would like to point out that the Hemi is not what it use to be and their are a lot of Hemi powered vecicles running most are 4cyl and v-6 this just tarnishes the engine for me and now the hemispheircal head is very commen , just shows how good it was. But I do still like the feel of the power of a big block v8 slamming you back into the seat threating to break the seat back and all these littls engine what ever they are all depend on gearing and rpm overhead cam= higher rpms not sure raw power as our v8s had.

Edited by Joe, 21 June 2008 - 06:09 AM.

MR300WM

#9 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

nice ride charlie :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#10 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

The trick is to wait until the end of summer, maybe early fall and then shop '08 new models. They are typically available with some sort of "No Interest" loan deal and will actually cost you less than buying used with the interest tacked on. Then you get the warranty, the knowledge that it's been properly taken care of since day one and save money to boot.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#11 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

Silvertip-co after rereading my last post I seem to come off a little harsh. I am very glad you got a truck that you like and will give you years of good service and staying with an American vehicle. The point I was trying to make is that it is a shame that the people from other countries take an American ledgen and make a low powered small "in some cases POS" to make a buck I hope you have all the good luck that is possalbe with a truck. Congrats. Joe.
MR300WM

#12 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

Yeah Charlie those new Hemi engines are some pulling work horses. Now I have a question do you know what gearing is in the new rig?????
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#13 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

Charlie; Nice looking Dodge truck. Hope it gives you years of trouble free service. Larry does bring up a good point from a financial and warranty basis. Having been a car salesman for a short time, I agree with him. A 4.9% intrest rate vs a 0% rate is a appreciable difference. With the added dealer and factory rebates and incentives, your payments could be lower per month, or slightly higher, for 60 months vs 48 months, new vs used payment period. You will have full factory warranty,and a vehicle that is new, and will hold a higher trade-in value, if all things are equal in options, motor, drivetrain, vehicle size. Actually the profit on a used vehicle comparibily equipped to new, is greater for the dealer on used, especially when you add in the higher intrest paid, and the extended warranty he probally talked you into buying. They make a lot on the extended warrantys, and usually 2-3 % on financing, at least when I was in the car business. The average profit on a used vehicle, a 4x4 truck, was 1600-2200 plus a few points or % on the intrest from the bank, and the profit on the extended warranty. I will now be banned from sales !!! HH in Pa :blink: <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users