Photo

Help! Looking For Reputable Outfitter..........

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 PrazB2JC

PrazB2JC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:11 AM

Hi, I'm new here so please "bear" with me!

My father and brother have drawn tags for the Elk muzzle-loader hunt in Colorado in September. Because they've been burned "badly" in the past with outfitters, they are very leerly about making reservations. My father is elderly and just can't "do" horses. I know they prefer a very small guided group on private land with use of ATVs.

Therefore, all you wonderful hunting people, could you please recommend an outfitter who may fit this bill? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! We've been praying for a while about this. Then, low and behold, I stumbled upon this board yesterday - no coincidence!

Thank you so much!

May you ALWAYS feel the Lord's presence and His unconditional love!

Sherry

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:31 AM

First, welcome to the site, Sherry.

I, myself, live in Pennsylvania. So, even though I did once hunt elk in CO I'm the last person to ask about reputable outfitters in the state. That said, there are several members here who live in CO that I am sure will have plenty of suggestions once they spot this topic.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

Sherry:
I tried to send you a reply but was unable to, apparently you have your privacy settings set in such a way that I could not respond.

Hopefully Larry will see this, he has a couple of people he knows and has hunted with. There will be some info they will need however.
are the tags for specific units or is it the state wide muzzle loader tag?

good luck

Bruce.
location Colorado :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 PrazB2JC

PrazB2JC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

First, welcome to the site, Sherry.

I, myself, live in Pennsylvania. So, even though I did once hunt elk in CO I'm the last person to ask about reputable outfitters in the state. That said, there are several members here who live in CO that I am sure will have plenty of suggestions once they spot this topic.

Hi Jeremiah (love that name),

Thank you so much for the prompt reply and for the warm welcome. I appreciate the gesture of help, and I'm sure hoping to get responses from the native Coloradans!

God Bless!
Sherry
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"

#5 PrazB2JC

PrazB2JC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

Sherry:
I tried to send you a reply but was unable to, apparently you have your privacy settings set in such a way that I could not respond.

Hopefully Larry will see this, he has a couple of people he knows and has hunted with. There will be some info they will need however.
are the tags for specific units or is it the state wide muzzle loader tag?

good luck

Bruce.
location Colorado :)

Hi Bruce,

Sorry about not being able to get through. I'm not real savvy with regards to what does or doesn't need to be checked off, so please accept my apologies. I went over my settings again and I'd appreciate a test email if you have the time.

Thanks so much for your offer to help - much appreciated. I believe the tags are state wide, but will double check with my brother. Also, my brother said their hunt does not have to be "fully guided" if it means a large hike in fees.

Since I'm new, I don't know who Larry is, but I sure do hope he reads this! Thanks again Bruce!

God Bless!
Sherry

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

Larry $ is one of the moderators here, good guy and has some good connections, I'm sure you will be hearing from him soon enough.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

First of all A big WELCOME Sherry. I too live in PA but have hunted once in CO. Larry is a real christian man and I have personally met him and his info will be good. We have several others in CO that I am sure will have some reputable outfitter suggestions for you. A couple of other members also in CO are Iamyourhuckleberry and Silvertip I have met and hunted with both and again you can trust their info. What state are you from?
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 PrazB2JC

PrazB2JC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

First of all A big WELCOME Sherry. I too live in PA but have hunted once in CO. Larry is a real christian man and I have personally met him and his info will be good. We have several others in CO that I am sure will have some reputable outfitter suggestions for you. A couple of other members also in CO are Iamyourhuckleberry and Silvertip I have met and hunted with both and again you can trust their info. What state are you from?

Thanks for the great welcome and for providing those members living in Colorado. I'll take all the info I can get. I live in Wisconsin, so does my dad. My brother lives in lower Michigan! I'm trying to do the legwork (research) for them as I so want them to have a great trip and, besides, they're the loves of my life!

Sherry

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

Sherry I know what it is like to be on the ah er mature side and contemplating a hunt in CO. I am most likely the oldest guy here on the site and hunted in unit 45 which is north and west of Leadville. We camped at 9200 ft and hunted from 10,000 to 12,000 ft. Now for a 64 yr old flatlander it was not real easy but although I did not get a shot I had the time of my life. I got to meet Bruce, Huck, Silvertip, Larry and his wife Melody. All are great folks. We hunted on public land on our own and had a great time. Nearly everyone in camp were members of this site.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#10 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hey Sherry, welcome to the HR family!

Try calling Ray Marchini of Cougar Country Outfitters. 719-534-9016. He is strictly word-of-mouth and does not market or advertise. He has the hunt leases on a couple of huge private ranches outside Victor, Colorado which is right around the mountain from Cripple Creek. Ray is a great guy and will give you all kinds of options to suit the kind of hunt you are looking for.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#11 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Welcome Sherry. Glad the Lord directed you to our humble Christian home.

Take Larry's info and use it. He took a very nice Cow last year (his first Elk) using this guide. I too know first hand the Love and Caring that comes from our friends in CO. You can have full confidence that you're getting the best possible direction from these folks.

I've hunted with everyone one of the Coloruffians and they're the best. Every one of them have gone far out of their way to make me feel at home. I felt the light of our Lord in all of them. I know it's hard to trust an Internet board, however as you said you were directed not by chance to our humble place.

Again, a big HR welcome. I wish you all the Blessings the Lord has for you in finding the right guide for your families hunt.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#12 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

You might email/call these folks:

http://www.sablemoun....com/index.html
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#13 PrazB2JC

PrazB2JC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

You might email/call these folks:

http://www.sablemoun....com/index.html

Thank you Silvertip, I will forward this on to my brother. Very much appreciated!!!!

In Jesus,
Sherry

#14 PrazB2JC

PrazB2JC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

Welcome Sherry. Glad the Lord directed you to our humble Christian home.

Take Larry's info and use it. He took a very nice Cow last year (his first Elk) using this guide. I too know first hand the Love and Caring that comes from our friends in CO. You can have full confidence that you're getting the best possible direction from these folks.

I've hunted with everyone one of the Coloruffians and they're the best. Every one of them have gone far out of their way to make me feel at home. I felt the light of our Lord in all of them. I know it's hard to trust an Internet board, however as you said you were directed not by chance to our humble place.

Again, a big HR welcome. I wish you all the Blessings the Lord has for you in finding the right guide for your families hunt.

Charles, what a wonderful welcome to a "Great Godly Group"!!! Nice to hear you are all so close in your relationships with each other and with our Lord.

Thanks for your well wishes for my family's hunt and I will let this board know who they've booked with and what mountains they'll be forging. :o)

May you hear that ever-small voice of the Holy Spirit whispering words of wisdom, knowledge, and discernment in all you do!

In Him,
Sherry

#15 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:39 AM

I don't know how set on a Colorado hunt you are, but have you considered Arizona? One of the moderators here is a guide in AZ and can put your guys on really nice elk and/or Mule Deer if that is the goal.

His username is mzlloader and you can look him up on this site and then contact him that way; either a PM or an e-mail. My wife and I (and many others of us here) have hunted with mzlloader in the past and had a great time. And the man can flat out COOK too! You won't go hungry in his camp.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users