11 replies to this topic

#1 Tenn. Ridgerunner

Tenn. Ridgerunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

Well I am back, and let me tell you by far the best vaccation I ever went on. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . Every single person, needs to go at least once in there life. Pitchers can not do the justice needed. I was 500 feet from a Active Glacier, Saw seals hundreds of them, Was 50 yard from four large Grizz. Was within 20 yards of 8 differant black bears, Saw several Mountain Goats, numerous Hump Back and Killer Wales, Salmon as big as a 10 year old, Went to Juno, Skagway, Kondike gold mine in the Yukon Territory in Canada, Mendonhall Glacier, Dorsett Glacier, Ketchamacan Grizz Sanctuary in Prince Ruport British Columbia and up an down the inside passage. If anyone wants the info on my travel just email me it is not that expensive for what you get. :boone: :boone: :boone: I have a new computer trying to figure out the pic situation.
There is nothing more enjoyable than the sound of the woods waking up in the morning.

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

Sounds like an aweseom trip! Seems like anyone who visits Alaska comes back madly in love with the country up there.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

Wow Ridge you sound like you had a great ridge runner type of vacation to Sewards folly. Can't wait to see some pics from there.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

some day :) yep someday I'd love to make that trip too. sounds awesome
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

Tenn RR: Glad you had a great vacation. That is exactly the vacation we hope to do in 2 years. All of your points of intrest are the same as we hope to do. Did you do this on a tour group, and with whom did you book with. Did you take the train ride to Whitehorse over the same trail as the gold miners? Would you ever consider hiking that trail ? I realize it is a big physical undertaking? HH in Pa

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

Awesome!

Don't forget we have a photo album here now :)
Posted Image

#7 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

Sounds like you had some fun!
-Eric

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:25 AM

Tenn. RR YOU ARE THE MAN! Please bring your pictures with you to camp in October, and the trip info. so I can book one too. The wife hasn't sounded the go horn but this one is on the list. That's the trip I've been wanting to do for a long long time. Then maybe I can go back and hunt and fish it. :doh:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

Ever notice that folks go to Alaska and fall in love with the place in SUMMER? Try the place on for size in the winter one time... Might have a different take on the place.

Check out Ice Road Truckers or Deadliest Catch sometime.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#10 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

charles: its just like the mtns of colorado. people come for the winters but stay for the summers :)
ahhh your just having flash backs of a colorado hunting trip with 30 inches of wet heavy snow and josh cleaing tents off so they would stay standing :) you just throught you were in alaska :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#11 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

Well, when I woke up that night and had the tent in my lap I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore Toto. Not as bad as waking up in a spike camp with your thermal blanket ladened with the stuff.

I will say that when Paul heard Eric and myself pushing the snow off the roof he wasn't as comfy as he was just minutes before when he was, well, snoring away as though he was in his warm bed at home in PA. But then that's Elk hunting is the west in September. Gotta love it!!! And wouldn't you know, Scooby didn't even stir. "Snow, what snow?"
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#12 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

LOL it was just flurries I tell ya....just flurries
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users