#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:27 AM

Posted Image

Flex Fletch Fast vanes I read about on another web site. One member did a nicely detailed report about comparing them to other vanes. I bought a dozen and tried some out this past month with several fixed blade broadheads and feel they do a well enough of a job controlling flight as the popular Bohning blazer vanes pictured below. The blazer vanes do an excellent job in controlling flight with most broadheads.
The specs are a smaller profile or lower height giving it better clearance at launch from the shelf area and rest. They seem solid and well made. The noise level might be about the same as the Blazer vane. It's nicely designed alternative to the Bohning blazer 2" vane. The cost is a bit more than the blazer in pennies difference. Color selection is fairly good as well.

Posted Image

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 27 June 2008 - 08:56 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

Let us know if they hold up as nicely as the Blazers.

Blazers seem to stay glued on better than every fletching I've tried. I know Bohning treats them with something to help that out. It sure seems to work! I'm wondering if Flex Fletch does the same.
Posted Image

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

I like the colors. When I have to refletch, maybe I'll consider them over my blazers.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

Leo your concerns about staying on are mine as well. I had two arrows I had to redo one vane each on. I'm not sure if it was the vinyl or what cause them to loosen up. I cleaned the vinyl and glued new vane back in and they are doing fine after a few dozen shots.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users