10 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

I put on the next generation zero effect rest pc model or should I say I had my local muzzy dealer bowshop pro put it on. The fletching on the outside are being waved or rippled after one shot. The Duravans are showing the wavy mess and NAP quik spin 4" vans are much worst the wear. I shoot with the ###### van up and right helitcal. I tried shooting with the ###### van down and the ###### van then showed some curling or waving in the van. :(

Anybody else run into this? And how do you resolve it because that's not normal for a drop away rest to hit the vans. Nock not high enough? :ermm:

I will add this I adjusted it for right to left on the rest arm and it's pretty darn good out to 40 yards with field target points. I put broadheads on and they shot about 5" straight below the field points poi. That shows my nock point is too high but it is'nt according to the CD from Muzzy. :huh: :huh:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 May 2006 - 07:05 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:03 AM

Something is absolutely wrong!

Nock point or the rest is adjusted wrong. Has to be.

Your fletchings positively will not contact anything as it leaves the bow if the MZE is adjusted right.

Stop shooting the bow until it gets figured out. The pro-shop that installed it may owe you a new rest. Part of the MZE has to be cut off when installing it on a bow. If they cut that piece too short... time to start over :(
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

... time to start over 

If I do it will be another rest. I have a dozen arrows to refletch because of this.

Leo I emailed Muzzy and the man from Muzzy suggested afew things to try. I tried them - and nothing - still waved by fletching badly. I took the bow over to the proshop and he tried to speed up the rest so it would fall faster by one and then two turns more on the turnbuckle arm(which I already did that so now it's out three turns). Still strikes it. It's the darnest thing. The cams are not leaning on the bow causing that distortion or tork. It's clearly not enough clearance looking down the shaft at rest and at full draw. The fletching will hit the hook claw arm or the shelf. Raising the rest higher does solve it either.

Any body interested in Muzzy zero effect PC rest???? Slightly used and the price will be reasonable too. $100 rest going going going gone to the somebody soon.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:11 PM

I have a Muzzy Zero Effect on my Bowtech. When it was first installed the shop "PRO" crossed the cables above instead of below the cable slide. This was absolutely WRONG!!! I fixed it. And the rest works outstanding ever since. This seemingly minor detail made a BIG difference. So how did I know? I did the unthinkable, I actually read the directions myself
:lol:

I gotta suggest stop asking "experts" advise and look at it. ;)

The MZE is a fabulous rest and every single complaint I have ever heard about it comes back to installation problem.

Trust me on this. Somebody didn't do their job right :(
Posted Image

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:33 AM

Leo thanks and that's sound advice and I'll go over it myself again.

I watched the dvd instruction again yesterday. Mark L. from Muzzy goes through the assembly/preparation, installation and fine tuning for this rest. Easy to understand and he makes look rather simple :lol: I know it's not. I like the rest and would hope to make it work.

I don't have a bow press but the more I'm into this archery thing I'm headed out to buy one someday sooner or later.

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:54 PM

did you try to move the adjusting arm into the second hole, or vise versa. That can make the difference in the spee in which it dorps plus sets the arm lower

MD

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:02 AM

MD
Yep we tried both settings and the rest came down but the arrow fletching still hit the shelf or the rest. I raised the nock and that helped some.

It's like Leo said - all my advise goes back to the installation setup but I'm of the opinion there are too many option in the setup. They (Muzzy) made it the next generation better and easier compared to the first version but it needs simplified.

And thank you all for all your help and suggestions.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 09 May 2006 - 07:03 AM.

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:28 PM

Can you take a picture of how it is installed on the bow?
Posted Image

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Leo thanks for all your help and being concerned ---- but the MZENG rest got the better of me :wacko: and I took it off the bow. :doh: I even ask on other web sites about what to do and they all pointed to the installation stuff. There seems to be a lot of folks that are happy with that rest and I know muzzy makes great products but this one lost me some where. :curse:

I now have another fall away rest on it and it's shooting bullet holes :D I'm a happy camper once more. B)

I guess I wasn't meant to have a muzzy moment. :mellow:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 10 May 2006 - 01:54 PM.

#10 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:26 AM

Rowdy if you want to get rid of that rest let me know what you want for it, or if you are going to give it away. I'll keep an eye out on this thread.

MD

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:18 PM

MD yes I do have it back in the package and willing to part with it. Give me an email and what you think and we'll do some business. :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users