Tweeking

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

The new colors are great!

#17 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

Anything need changed? (Aside from the buttons that have backgrounds.)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#18 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

Anything need changed? (Aside from the buttons that have backgrounds.)

I'm not a fan of the wallet scan. I would think a gradient color scheme using the colors you have selected would look loads better for the banner. I like the brown, green and sage colors you are moving toward. They are pretty close to the ones I used on my website.

#19 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

I think the header is eventually getting covered up... Maybe a fade to black with flash animation or something. It just needs some action up there. Too plain. But, I just don't have any solid ideas yet.

Edit: Stationary cork board for now. Maybe once I have more time to tinker I can build something in Flash to add some motion.

sig_admin.png

#20 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

Refreshing look Jeremiah! Not bad on the eyes and you're right about a little more action with the header/banner section. Fun watching you work. :D
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#21 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

much better. :)

#22 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:04 AM

Lemme ask this...

Is anyone interested in having their pic on the header like mine? (I was going to use Jack's mule deer from last year, but used mine because it was late and I didn't want to use anyone's pic without permission.)

Anyway, I'm considering doing the header just as random images rather than Flash. So, the tacked images and messages would just change with each page click or refresh (like the banner ads). I'd like to get at least half a dozen good pics. Oh, and if anyone else has any good ideas for sayings on the paper scraps I'm all "ears".

Thanks folks.

sig_admin.png

#23 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:08 AM

You know, you go on vacati for a few days & then (of course) I have to reset my password & when I finally get logged back in I am in a new place - looks wonderful!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#24 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

Lemme ask this...

Is anyone interested in having their pic on the header like mine? (I was going to use Jack's mule deer from last year, but used mine because it was late and I didn't want to use anyone's pic without permission.)

Anyway, I'm considering doing the header just as random images rather than Flash. So, the tacked images and messages would just change with each page click or refresh (like the banner ads). I'd like to get at least half a dozen good pics. Oh, and if anyone else has any good ideas for sayings on the paper scraps I'm all "ears".

Thanks folks.

Obviously the gallery contains a bunch of pictures you could randomly use, any of mine you are welcome too.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#25 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

I'm with rowdy, my stuff in the gallery feel free to use as well :)

by the way, it looks awesome, almost good enough to hire ya to do a website for me ;)

Edited by McBruce, 02 July 2008 - 10:23 AM.

McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#26 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

Jer just a suggestion

could you do a scrolling picture gallory or have them in cubes that change pics or something and we all submit pics and they can do a pic show or slide show type thing maybe like you have now like a poloride and in it have the pics scrolling through the members or member pics?
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#27 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

Jer just a suggestion

could you do a scrolling picture gallory or have them in cubes that change pics or something and we all submit pics and they can do a pic show or slide show type thing maybe like you have now with the cork board have like a poloride pic frame and in it have the pics scrolling through the members or member pics?

Posted Image

#28 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

Jer just a suggestion

could you do a scrolling picture gallory or have them in cubes that change pics or something and we all submit pics and they can do a pic show or slide show type thing maybe like you have now like a poloride and in it have the pics scrolling through the members or member pics?

Very do-able. We've already got random gallery image scripts. Real easy to make it auto-reload every x seconds if that's more along the lines of what you're thinking. I just haven't had a reason to use one yet.

Where at though?
On the header?
Below the ad banners?
On the home page of the site?

sig_admin.png

#29 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:19 AM

to be honest I was thinking like you have it now where your pic is or make another on the other side have one side for mods and such and the other side as members? Im just thinking this way we can see pics of members and have em updated every so often or use random from the pic gallery (where members post pics) on another site (not trying to steal ideas but it works good) they have one that scrolls across the screen on top and when you mouse over it there is their screennames in it so you can put a pic with the name Ill send you a link in PM so you can see what Im talking about

Posted Image

#30 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

Lemme ask this...

Thanks folks.

You can use any of mine without asking. I will always let you know if something needs removed. ;) <=== Need a Emoticons hiding behind a towel... LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users