2 replies to this topic

#1 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

got this e-mnail from jj and thought i'd pass it on to you all...

Here he is boys: http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/005823.jpg

What an incredible hunt! This bird changed directions six times - up and down the hill leading to my position. Therefore I spun my blind six times to give me a window to shoot. He kept changing which side of a very large deadfall he'd cross. I think he was being difficult because he didn't see the Jake decoy.

Then, on the sixth climb up the hill he saw the Jake and came straight to him. I drew as he approached and at a mere five yards hammered him with my Mathews Switchback, gold tip arrows tipped in NAP gobble stopper open-on-impact broadheads. The arrow hit like a sledge hammer and knocked him 5-10 feet over and he never moved from there.

I walked up on my second bow bird and realized this bird had just been slammed in a big way. His starboard wing was broken on entry, the starboard lung was cut in half, the port leg was unhinged.

The bird weighed 23.5lbs, and sported 32mm spurs and an 11.5" beard.

Two years I've held to the bow, refusing to give up. Two years I've went without a bird. Now, the 3rd of May, on the four year anniversary of my first bow bird, at exactly the same time - 7:00am - I took a bigger, nicer and hard earned bird with my bow.

God has truly blessed me - thank you all for sharing in my fun. Maybe someone could update the rest of the BO bunch?

God Bless,
Mark O. Thomas

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#2 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

Nice bird. Congrats to JJ.
Posted Image

#3 bonecollector34