• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 my7pointmonster

my7pointmonster

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Competitive 3D, Bowhunting, Videoing hunts, Camping, fishing and Predator Hunting.

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

On saturday my release crapped out on me while I was shooting 3D so I had to call it an early day, on my way home I stopped to shoot a few new releases, and I shot one called a Truball and a Fletcher .44 caliper.

I shot 4 shots out of the fletcher and was very impressed, I shot 2 with the Truball, and while drawing the 3rd arrow, the release failed it burst into 6 pieces, and my arm got the worst slap ive ever had, for 80.00 I figured they would be one of the best quality releases on the market man was i ever wrong, I had a bulge the size of a tennis ball on my elbow where the string hit me and an arms length welt to go with it. I wound up buying the fletcher and
i couldnt be happier with it.

Ryan.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

Ouch having done it a time or two I can sympathize, that HURTS.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

That'll make your eyes water!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

Ouch that Hurt's :cry:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#5 davepross54

davepross54

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

for that kind of money it should not have broke. curious to hear what tru ball has to say

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

I used to be on T.R.U. Ball's shooting staff. I never had a problem with any of their stuff. (Not that it couldn't happen, obviously. I've seen several release aids fail over the years from various companies. Nothing quite like punching yourself in the face because one lets go in mid draw.) T.R.U. Ball does use injected metal for certain parts on certain model releases and you never know when something might have been poorly molded. (Speculation.)

Out of curiosity, what type of nocking point do you use? (String loop, metal loop, shoot off the string etc.)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 my7pointmonster

my7pointmonster

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Competitive 3D, Bowhunting, Videoing hunts, Camping, fishing and Predator Hunting.

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

I used to be on T.R.U. Ball's shooting staff. I never had a problem with any of their stuff. (Not that it couldn't happen, obviously. I've seen several release aids fail over the years from various companies. Nothing quite like punching yourself in the face because one lets go in mid draw.) T.R.U. Ball does use injected metal for certain parts on certain model releases and you never know when something might have been poorly molded. (Speculation.)

Out of curiosity, what type of nocking point do you use? (String loop, metal loop, shoot off the string etc.)

A string loop there is no doubt in my mind that it was just a fluke accident but man was it ever a crappy one. I also draw my bow different that anyone else I know, I've had people who have watched me at competitions come over to me and tell me how much better I would shoot if I had a different draw pattern but ive always done it my way and it has never failed me i've tried shooting by doing a more level draw but i always have found that if i dont "aim for the sky" i wont be as consistant?

Ryan.
(btw. the arrow ended up in the ceiling of the shooting lane)

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

Glad you're not really hurt - like emergency room hurt but like Larry said my eyes would need some wiping. :doh:

There's alot of force released when one of the wrist type release come apart when drawing back or at full draw. I was just getting started in to bowhunting and I was in a ground blind with a pro turkey guide/hunter and he drew his bow while getting ready to shoot a tom turkey. His release came apart and it sounded like a .22 cal. rifle being fired in that blind. It's parts went forward ripping the material in the blind and three separate places.

He was shocked and needless to say I was too being new to bowhunting at the time. I will say this that's one time that will make me always check your equipment over before using it.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 my7pointmonster

my7pointmonster

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

The Bulge on my elbow was the size of a tennisball, I was pretty close to watery eyes, i was more just mad about the fact that was the 3rd arrow in 2 days ive ruined,which was relese related.

Ryan.

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

The Bulge on my elbow was the size of a tennisball, I was pretty close to watery eyes, i was more just mad about the fact that was the 3rd arrow in 2 days ive ruined,which was relese related.

Ryan.

yeah I feel your pain brother! :angry: :angry: Who's paying for the ceiling repair?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#11 my7pointmonster

my7pointmonster

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Not me wasnt my fault, their product failed me. The ceiling was fine though.

Ryan.

#12 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

Welcome to the forums Ryan,
There's quite a few PA folks on board. Few in your neck of the woods! :bigthumb:
Posted Image

#13 my7pointmonster

my7pointmonster

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

I'm heading to the hospital tomorrow to get it checked out if it brushes my shirt I can feel my eyes Getting watery There almost has to be something wrong with it.

Ryan.

#14 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

I'm heading to the hospital tomorrow to get it checked out if it brushes my shirt I can feel my eyes Getting watery There almost has to be something wrong with it.

Ryan.

Ryan did the meat inspector pass you with grade A? Already tenderized and ready for the grill? :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users