Canada Fishing Trip

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:21 AM

Ok like I said in the Saltwater Post, I'm no fisherman. But last spring got to do a combo bear hunt/ fishing trip.
Since I usually have the camera in my hands, most of the pictures are of the other guys. But here is how we did.
Have to admit it was a lot of fun :)

Mark with Walleye

Mark with Northern

One Days Keepers

Bruce with Northern

Bruce with another Northern

The place we went was Black Bear Island Lodge, with DJ & Dawn Enns, you can see what we thought of the trip in the outfitters review :)
top notch place :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 Fred

Fred

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Trucks and driving goat trails, Hunting, Fishing. Prospecting/gold panning

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

Them Walleyes are sure tasty Eh, McBruce! ( Hey, where is the "drooling Smilie"?) :D Fred
Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:51 AM

Thanks Bruce for your pics. Since I do not consider myself much of a fisherman either I was most surprized a number of times to be invited by a friend to go to Ontario and Quebec fishing with he and two other of his friends.

What is amazing is as I looked at your pictures several things flashed through my mind. On my first trip to Canada we used a boat virtually identical to the one in the picture. When I looked at the seats going across the boat I was reminded why I needed to buy a boat cushion as those seats became the hardest thing I ever sat on for hours a day and for 4 days. The other thing I immediately remembered after seeing the walleye was the evening meals of fresh caught walleye fillets we had most every night after fishing all day. MMMMMMMM good.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:02 PM

Shore Lunch

You mean a shore lunch like this?
I had to laugh at the fact that we paid for a trip and the cooks had to deal with breakfast, and usually late night supper, but lunch was what we caught, 5 straight days. At first I was thinking, 5 days of fish I don't know, and I think it actually took the 5th day to finaly say, I've had my fill.

As you can tell in the photos, the first couple of days were cold, rain, misty, and all we really cared about was getting a fire going to dry out and something hot in our bellys. the middle days the weather broke and it was nice out, tee shirts on the water, that was great.
The last 1 1/2 days, the rain came back in and we actually almost ended up staying an extra day because the float planes didn't have enough ceiling to fly.
We were suppose to leave camp at 10 am, we loaded the plane and took off around 5 pm, with 20 mins of daylight left.
Made for an interesting drive, since we didnt have hotels booked and actually missed a 3D archery shoot due to the delays.
But its a trip I will always remember. Specialy when the bear rug shows up later this month :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

And YOU said you weren't a fisherman. :eek: :hmm: :thumbsup: :whistle:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Yes Bruce that is exactly what I meant. We never had a guide even on our fly in trip in Western Ontario the guys I went with except for the Fly in trip had been to those places before. We went to catch walleye but still caught the occassional pike. The guys I fished with are really avid fisherman so knew where to go and what to use and man we caught and ate fish every day.

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:27 AM

I do have to say, for someone who doesn't know squat about fishing ( and that would be me ) we had a heck of a time, and its something I would surly do again ( the canada trip ) given the oppertunity.

Was almost as much fun as taking a bear :) ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:00 PM

Bruce that reminds me a little of one of our trips to shining tree Ontario. When the camp owner Barry found out I was a hunter he did everything to convince me to come up in the fall to hunt moose. But alas the wallet was not fat enough for the cost. :wacko:

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:44 PM

In Canada fishing is like a fisherman dream come true, lots a fish and some biggins thrown into measure. It will spoil you for fishing in most of the lower 48. :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#10 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:58 AM

You mean a shore lunch like this?

That's NOT very nice. Now I gotta go wash off all the :)- :)- :)- off of my face. :D

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

Sir McBruce you have been baptised under the fight of hook and line into fishing - you now can say you are a fisherman. You did great catching those walleyes and pike in MHO.

You didn't try kissing the TOOTHY CRITTERS and you didn't stick your fingers in their mouths like a bass fisherman would - you are a fisherman. I would call you a guy who now knows how. Let's put this way - you wouldn't starve - shore lunch is an event in it self that no gourmet chief can match. ;)

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 30 March 2006 - 02:30 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#12 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:15 AM

Cool pic's Bruce................Nothing like tying into a huge Northern :yes: .
Beats Walleye fishin' anyday.(My opinion of cource) ;)
Looks like you had a blast................
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users