15 replies to this topic

#16 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

As for selling one with multiple barrels it's all in the eye of the beholder. There are a lot of guys out there that see it as a plus. Saves them from having to buy the extra barrel seperately as often their reason for buying an Encore in the first place is to have a gun that you can exchange barrels on. As I see it it's not so much the question of an extra barrel, but more the question of what that barrel is. For instance, if it's a not so popular caliber not many might want it. But....if it is a popular caliber of course more people would be interested. Then too....if one is a center fire and one a muzzleloader then it's pretty easy to sell because the buyer is getting two guns for diferant seasons all in one. Same if it's any combination of, center fire, muzzleloader or shotgun barrel. I've seen multiple barrel Encores sell on Gun Broker pretty fast. People just plain like them. Then too I see Paul's point, if the basic gun breaks your out of luck. But hey, it's a T/C, I've been shooting T/C's for years and never had one break. :D As for barrels, and their quality, I'll take a T/C barrel any day. I've owned 2 Hawkens, 3 Renegades, and an Encore. I've been shooting T/C guns for over 30 years and have yet to find one that wasn't a real tack driver. Just ask Jason about my Encore .270. But I warn you, be prepared for a sermon! He'll jump up on the stump and start preaching it's praises! :lol: I'm not talking of 1" patterns at 100 yards....I'm talking of putting the bullets through the same darn hole! Now that is with a bench rest, but how many factory guns can boast that kind of accuracy these days? Of course I credit the Bushnell 3200 Elite 3 x 9 x 40 too. I love the combination of rifle and scope. I'll tell you something else too. as for a a quick follow up shot you'd be surprised at just how fast that can be accomplished. Saw a guy match another guy with a bolt action shot for shot. He held spare shells between his fingers, like the old time buffalo hunters did. He could break open the Encore, eject the shell and feed one in just as fast as the other guy could work the bolt. I wouldn't trust a single shot on dangerous game, but it's plenty fast enough for anything else. Another thing you might ask Jason. Just ask him how many times, over all the years hunting, has dad ever needed a second shot? :D Tell you truly, I think highly enough of my Encore and Bushnell Elite scope that T/C and Bushnell should pay me for all the word of mouth advertising I do!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Spirithawk, 26 May 2009 - 12:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users